Black Suede Tactical Boots

Started by CAPed Crusader, August 05, 2018, 10:17:13 PM

CAPed Crusader

Hello,
I recently encountered Black Suede Tactical Boots. Are these permitted, I mean they are black tactical boots?????

here is the link to the boots:
https://www.amazon.com/Danner-Mens-Tachyon-Duty-Boots/dp/B008X5EDG6/ref=pd_sbs_309_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008X5EDG6&pd_rd_r=KSPFC9KWB7HBZ1573DR1&pd_rd_w=umylJ&pd_rd_wg=D1fjD&refRID=KSPFC9KWB7HBZ1573DR1

sincereley,
Cadet Airman
DeRosa

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Cadet DeRosa, I suggest that you download a copy of CAPM 39-1. The answer you seek is in there. While not specifically forbidden, there is a section on boots that spells out exactly what criteria boots must meet to be compliant for CAP Uniform use. Should you be unable to find it, ask your flight staff for further clarification. Buying new boots is in no way a highly time sensitive issue requiring instant response from a forum and I would hate to see you or your parents waste money on non-compliant footwear. Let us know what you find out!
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"

Capmonkey

I was about to suggest the same thing. A copy of CAPM 39-1 is always a good thing to have. I would suggest, as a cadet, always referring to your chain of command at the squadron level first, before coming to a forum of this size and capacity.

C/Maj Capmonkey

CAPed Crusader

Quote from: HandsomeWalt_USMC on August 05, 2018, 10:39:38 PM
Cadet DeRosa, I suggest that you download a copy of CAPM 39-1. The answer you seek is in there. While not specifically forbidden, there is a section on boots that spells out exactly what criteria boots must meet to be compliant for CAP Uniform use. Should you be unable to find it, ask your flight staff for further clarification. Buying new boots is in no way a highly time sensitive issue requiring instant response from a forum and I would hate to see you or your parents waste money on non-compliant footwear. Let us know what you find out!

What I found is This:
"6.4.3. Footwear (males/females) Combat boots. Will be worn with the BDU, or the flight duty
uniform. Black, with or without safety toe, plain rounded toe or rounded capped toe with or without
perforated seam. Zipper or elastic inserts optional, mesh inserts (for "jungle boot" style) are optional;
smooth or scotch-grained leather or man-made material, and may have a high gloss or patent finish"

Thank you for your help, now i know its only leather/polish-able boots!!
Thank You,
V/R
Cadet Airman
DeRosa

HandsomeWalt_USMC

Excellent work, Cadet DeRosa! That's how it should be done. Bravo Zulu!
HANDSOME SENDS

Semper Fidelis

"PRIDE IS CONTAGIOUS"