Mike Johnston

SAR-EMT1

No. Im talking a mini OCS for SENIOR MEMBERS. Not for cadets
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

afgeo4

What about a Rescue Swimmer/Water Survival Course?

Somewhat a PJ Indoc/USCG Rescue Swimmer intro course? Could be done by either or both services.

Intensive water survival training with rescue techniques (sans fighting in water).
GEORGE LURYE

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 27, 2008, 05:59:41 AM

Somewhat a PJ Indoc/USCG Rescue Swimmer intro course? Could be done by either or both services.

Intensive water survival training with rescue techniques (sans fighting in water).

Well we already have PJOC.....

USCG AST mini course would be fun.....

DNall

Jumping on this one late so forgive the backtrack...

Quote from: LeoBurke on September 20, 2007, 03:45:51 AM
NASA Familiarization Course(s)  - NOT another Space Camp!
Show the value of math, science and engineering degrees in college. 
AFSCFC in Florida?

I can set that up for Houston though. Got some good contacts for: a) JSC mission control; b) JSC astronaut training for space station; c) area contractors; d) NASA Ellington Fld (they got tons of cool/weird research planes).

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on September 20, 2007, 01:37:25 AM
I was thinking of an Boot Camp, NCO - Drill master type of camp.
We do drillmaster off & on in our wing & I don't think it's that great. I'd rather them go to Lackland & learn from TIs that helped write the book or go to honor guard academy, I'm not that big a fan of the event we do.

Quote from: Cadet Tillett on October 15, 2007, 03:55:27 AM
Is there a National C/NCO school?  One thing I have noticed as a need in CAP is quality C/NCOs helping their officers run the program.
A few wings (including mine) have very high quality cadet PME programs. I'd sure be in favor of nationalizing those. That's probably more of what you're looking for. I wouldn't like to further encourage career cadet NCOs.

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 22, 2008, 05:20:10 AM
I wish USAF would identify high demand - low density career fields and offer summer activities in those careers to our cadets at no cost. It may end up yielding a good number of enlisted men and women who are interested specifically in those fields.
That's a pretty good idea in the career shadowing vein. That's worth pushing up. They do something like that with Sr AFROTC. I think it'd be a good addition, with some min reqs similar to IACE.

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 04:31:27 AM
That'd be nice, but good luck getting attendance if it isn't required.

One I'm currently working on for Gp level...

I'm about to commission in the TXARNG. I'm in an aviation unit at Ellington Fld (Houston), will be going to Flt School in the fall (Apaches). We have a lot of cool stuff on the field. What I'm working out is a wknd long activity. About 100 cadets, in four groups.

1) USCG Air Wing Houston
- Brief on CG Air Ops & career opportunities
- Ops Center tour, planning/ops brief
- Tour helo
- brief with Rescue Swimmer & check out gear

2) National Guard Apache unit
- Brief Army aviation ops & careers
- Flight planning center
- simulators
- crew chief
- sit in helo/check out weps

3) ANG F16
- Brief ANG Air ops & careers
- crew chief
- pilot
- airframe
- weps
- support jobs

4) NASA
- Brief NASA fixed wing ops/research & careers
- check out cool planes (lots to see)

5) ANG SF
- AF cop jobs
- Air Base Defense Demo
- K9 demo
- Self-defense demo

6) ANG Fire Dept/EMS
- Ops/careers
- gear/tour

7) ARNG Cav Scout Troop
- ops/careers
- gear
- Assault demo

8 ) ANG Predator Center
- Ops/Careers
- flight planning
- airframe tour

Also includes BBQ & volleyball at CG. Billeting on cots in Army bldg. Will have a thank you reception for presenters with CAP aircraft on display. May drop some of above, can add lifelight (air EMS) &/or Houston PD helo. May also be able to work out a C-130 o-ride. Just have to work the details, prob need some help given my nutty schedule. It's on the drawing board though. May try to work this out to coincide with IACE visit to the area.

Feedback appreciated!!

McAllister

What about Field Training with the Army or Marine Corps. It's something that CAP usually dosen't do and it would give the cadet a chance to get a feel for the Marine Corps or Army.

DC

Quote from: McAllister on August 11, 2008, 04:52:20 PM
What about Field Training with the Army or Marine Corps. It's something that CAP usually dosen't do and it would give the cadet a chance to get a feel for the Marine Corps or Army.
Sounds interesting, but how exactly is it relavant to CAP? All NCSAs in one way or another support AE, ES, or the Air Force based Cadet Program.

Running around with Marines doesn't really do any of that...

CAP006

I know that they have the Honor Guard Academy but what about a Color Guard Academy?
CAP 006 = one away from the Big Shot

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

IceNine

^ They cover color guard at the NHGA
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Michael

Quote from: afgeo4 on April 27, 2008, 05:59:41 AM

That would be truly awesome.  It would be nice to give cadets a look into another branch and career field that has gone largely unexamined by Civil Air Patrol.

I for one would love that, considering its involvement with the Coast Guard.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

BillB

Capt. David Leali set up a Color Guard Academy in Florida Wing several years ago. Could that be the reason Florida Color Guards win National Competition so often?
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

CAP006

Quote from: BillB on August 12, 2008, 12:34:19 AM
Capt. David Leali set up a Color Guard Academy in Florida Wing several years ago. Could that be the reason Florida Color Guards win National Competition so often?

Well I would think so.

If they still have it, then why not make it a NCSA?

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

McAllister

It would give Cadets the chance to experience something new, and give them insite into other services. I could also help cadets make an informed decision on which service they want to join or to even join a service.

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: CAP006 on August 12, 2008, 01:03:02 AM

Well I would think so.

Because there is already a Honor/Color Guard NCSA ... which i think is held at the USAF Academy.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

lordmonar

HQ has asked us here in Nevada to look into a winter NCSA.....an Air Weapons School Familization Course.

It may be a couple of years down the road...any one intrested in something like this?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on August 22, 2008, 05:50:32 AM
Because there is already a Honor/Color Guard NCSA ... which i think is held at the USAF Academy.

It is held in Maryland.  The cadets are trained by the USAF Honor Guardsmen, who are headquartered at Bolling AFB, MD.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

DC

Quote from: CAP006 on August 12, 2008, 01:03:02 AM

Well I would think so.

FLWG has a Color Guard Academy every year, taught be the previous year's Wing Champions. It is only one weekend, and is usually restricted to a fairly small amount of Color Guards. Color Guards that want to attend have to already be formed, must provide their own equipment, and all of that.

I really don't want think it would be a good NCSA. To make it long enough you would have to add a bunch of filler to the schedule, have to figure it so that individual cadets can attend, have to provide equipment for all of the teams, etc. Really not worth it since NHGA is already established.

DC

Quote from: lordmonar on August 22, 2008, 05:56:32 AM
HQ has asked us here in Nevada to look into a winter NCSA.....an Air Weapons School Familization Course.

It may be a couple of years down the road...any one intrested in something like this?
That sounds completely awesome.

CAP006

Quote from: DC on August 22, 2008, 01:54:55 PM
Quote from: lordmonar on August 22, 2008, 05:56:32 AM

That sounds completely awesome.

I would be very intrested in that

C/2nd. Lt. Robert Dahms
Cadet ES Officer
Cadet Comm's Officer
Color Guard Commander
MER-NC-023

DC

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on April 27, 2008, 04:31:27 AM
RSC and/or NSC?