Army adopts "Pinks and Greens" for 2020

Started by Eclipse, November 12, 2018, 08:35:36 PM

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 22, 2018, 12:04:10 AM
Well, selection is not up to me but I predict those boot's color will be...

BROWN!

Based my prediction in that the US Army wore Brown shoes and boots when they wore the old Pinks and Greens...

Predict? Prediction? I don't think you know what those words mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

CAP9907

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

It's actually quite civil, for this place and the internet in general. ::)

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: CAP9907 on November 23, 2018, 02:03:12 AM
Play nice, please.

Sorry, but when it's already reported that the color will be brown, anything labeled a "prediction" that it will be brown is hardly a prediction, is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

CAPLTC

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 20, 2018, 06:46:59 PM
It's not unisex...  :o
It is as close to unisex as anyone has come yet...

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on November 22, 2018, 12:04:10 AM
Well, selection is not up to me but I predict those boot's color will be...
BROWN!

Yes...
The boots will indeed be brown.
The walking models have been wearing brown boots as an option.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: CAPLTC on November 26, 2018, 12:28:11 AM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 20, 2018, 06:46:59 PM
It's not unisex...  :o
It is as close to unisex as anyone has come yet...

I'm not tracking.

The buttons remain on opposite sides, thus requiring belts to go in different directions. The blouses have different pocket arrangements (males have a large breast pocket, whereas females essentially have a non-usable pocket flap). They're cut differently, so you could not (as a male) grab a female blouse off the hangar and put it on. Skirts are still optional wear. Optional tie tabs still exist. Women can choose to wear heels. Garrison caps will be worn differently.

There are literally two uniforms for each variation: a male version, and a female version. Virtually no different than how it's been all along.

SemperVigHooah

Quote from: OldGuy on November 13, 2018, 03:09:39 AM
No one probably cares, but in my opinion, the classiest uniform combo was the Ike Jacket with the long sleeved 1549 shade shirt and same shade trousers.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/199974-usaf-midnight-blue-dress-shirt/
Looks too much like the coast guard's Johnny Cash uniform. Also too confusable with navy uniforms.

CAPLTC

But it's much closer than the ASU.
I am sure males will very soon have the option to wear skirts too..

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on November 26, 2018, 04:32:05 PM
The buttons remain on opposite sides, thus requiring belts to go in different directions. The blouses have different pocket arrangements (males have a large breast pocket, whereas females essentially have a non-usable pocket flap). They're cut differently, so you could not (as a male) grab a female blouse off the hangar and put it on. Skirts are still optional wear. Optional tie tabs still exist. Women can choose to wear heels. Garrison caps will be worn differently.

There are literally two uniforms for each variation: a male version, and a female version. Virtually no different than how it's been all along.
"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Shuman 14

QuoteI am sure males will very soon have the option to wear skirts too..

It's called a Kilt Laddy.  ;)

;D
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Luis R. Ramos

Shuman,

We know that kilts =/= skirts. So I am sure he KNOWS about kilts. He says "Men will have the option to wear skirts." So CAPLTC is adding another option. He is saying that males will also wear skirts.
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Jester

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on December 13, 2018, 09:09:41 PM
Shuman,

We know that kilts =/= skirts. So I am sure he KNOWS about kilts. He says "Men will have the option to wear skirts." So CAPLTC is adding another option. He is saying that males will also wear skirts.

WHOOOSH

Shuman 14

QuoteWHOOOSH

Jeff: "Hey Peanut, did you lose a shoe?"

Peanut: "No Man, I found one."

;D
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

Larry Mangum

It feels like this conversation has gone its course Time to lock it gentlemen and ladies.
Larry Mangum, Lt Col CAP
DCS, Operations
SWR-SWR-001