Cadet Achievement 9 Aerospace

Started by Artic Wolf, August 12, 2009, 07:54:43 PM

Artic Wolf

I would like to know what sections of the Aerospace: The Journey of Flight Book i need to study for my achievement 9 test. I have looked at the Cadet Super Chart and it only says " 3 Chapter Block". Would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. I over heard someone say something about it skipping all over from achievement to achievement.
Cadet 2nd/Lt. - James Steiner

jimmydeanno

Quote from: CAPR 52-16 Cadet Program Management, Page 20, 2-7c
c. Aerospace Education. In Phase III, the primary goals of aerospace education are for cadets to investigate advanced concepts in aerospace science and technology, and solidify their understanding of aerospace fundamentals by helping junior cadets pursue their aerospace studies. To complete Achievements 9, 10, and 11, cadets must pass a test of their aerospace knowledge using CAP Test 63. These un-timed, multiple-choice tests are conducted open-book and based on selected chapters of Aerospace: The Journey of Flight (see Figure 2-4). Cadets may take the tests in any order, passing a different test for each achievement. If possible, cadets should study the Aerospace: The Journey of Flight chapters that most closely match the Aerospace Dimensions module being studied by the cadets they are mentoring or instructing.

EDIT: Forgot to add figure 2-4 text

Quote from: CAPR 52-16, Page 30, Figure 2-4
Figure 2-4. Phase III & IV Aerospace Requirements.
Cadets must complete one test during each of the following achievements: 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, and 16, for a total of six tests during Phases III and IV. Cadets may take the tests in any order, passing a different test for each achievement. If possible, cadets should study the Aerospace: The Journey of Flight chapters that most closely match the Aerospace Dimensions module being studied by the cadets they are mentoring or instructing. Some chapters in Aerospace: The Journey of Flight (11-17, 20, 22) are not included in the course of study for cadets. Phase III and IV aerospace tests are open-book.

Take whatever one you'd like out of the Journey of Flight book.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davidsinn

It means exactly what it says. Take the table of contents and break it out in blocks of 3 and pick one.

Jimmydeano beat me to it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Artic Wolf

Ok thank you. I am still a little confused though. There is 6 Chapters in part One is the test on certain chapters or do i just study chapter 1, 2 and 3 and then tell my Commander i studied this this and this chapter may i have the test for those chapters? Or Study the Whole Part 1 ?
Cadet 2nd/Lt. - James Steiner

NC Hokie

Quote from: Artic Wolf on August 12, 2009, 08:24:34 PM
Ok thank you. I am still a little confused though. There is 6 Chapters in part One is the test on certain chapters or do i just study chapter 1, 2 and 3 and then tell my Commander i studied this this and this chapter may i have the test for those chapters? Or Study the Whole Part 1 ?

The tests do not follow the chapter divisions (i.e. - instead of a test on chapters 1-3, you might have a test on chapters 1,5,and 14).  I am not aware of any "public" documentation of this, so you'll have to ask your testing officer what chapters each test covers.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

DC

Quote from: Artic Wolf on August 12, 2009, 08:24:34 PM
52-16 is your friend. You're a cadet officer, you should know where to find this info.

NC Hokie

Quote from: DC on August 12, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
52-16 is your friend. You're a cadet officer, you should know where to find this info.

Huh! I stand (well, sit actually) corrected.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy