No More NCC

Started by wowcap, August 14, 2013, 02:10:16 AM

BHartman007

Quote from: ol'fido on November 21, 2013, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: jeders on November 21, 2013, 02:29:18 PM
Quote from: Ron1319 on November 19, 2013, 10:18:04 PM
Because of seniors like you who have no understanding of how important a part of the cadet program it is.

As a former Mitchell cadet, I can tell you that I agree with Eclipse, and Nin, and everyone else that you say doesn't "get it." Cadet Competition is great, but NCC being paused for a year or two or more shouldn't stop you from competing in any way. If it does, then you are missing the whole point of the competition. Think of it this way, just because there aren't Olympic Summer Games this year, doesn't mean that there aren't still Olympians competing and preparing for the 2016 games.

Quote from: NIN on November 20, 2013, 02:17:49 AM
Quote from: Ron1319 on November 19, 2013, 09:30:37 PM
You appear to not understand how big Pacific Coast Region is.

You're right. I had no idea.   All the time I spent in CAP since 1981 (minus the 4 years I was "retired"), I never bothered to look at anything west of the Mississippi.

I understand Pacific Region is large. No kidding.  Not a news flash.  Thanks a lot Hawaii & Alaska for blowing the curve on "distance" for the rest of us (wait.. wait.. lets wait for the TX Wing guys to weigh in on their ONE STATE...)

You mean like how it's a shorter distance for people in El Paso to get to the Pacific Ocean than it is to get to Louisiana? Or maybe how almost all of the cadets in Group 1 (West Texas) are encouraged to go to encampments in New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas because they're closer than the one in Texas? Yeah, Pacific Region definitely has a monopoly on size.
We have a great time with the cadets and seniors from TX-802, Sheldon Composite Squadron, from Houston every year at the Illinois Wing Summer Encampment. I'm happy to have them as long as they want to travel.

Why do they go all the way up there? They're one of our neighbors.

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

a2capt

In many instances, timing is everything.

Spaceman3750

They've been doing that for years and years. One of their guys was the first sergeant during my basic encampment in 2006. I seem to remember our flight sergeant inserting some, ehem, "interesting" lyrics into a jodie in his honor...

Eclipse

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/CAP_Vector__JanuaryMarch_2014_029373D619EB6.pdf

National Cadet Competition: As announced earlier, NCC is taking a strategic pause for 2014 and a task
force will soon begin discussions on how to involve more cadets, become more squadron-friendly, and
become less expensive for the participants and CAP units alike. Regions and wings are encouraged to
continue hosting competitions at their echelons in 2014. A redesigned national-level competition will return
in 2015

"That Others May Zoom"