Would it be wrong...

Started by Smoothice, November 18, 2009, 06:26:40 PM

Smoothice

Has anyone ever worn just the pants/boots of their BDU's say, to work if they had a meeting right after? Would that be considered "wrong"?

Майор Хаткевич

It's just cloth...

I wore my boots all over the place, because I love them.

BDU Cargo pants...just that.

Airrace

I would say it shouldn't be a problem as well. Don't wear the blouse or you could be in trouble.

Майор Хаткевич

Anything with CAP insignia is a no go, but anything that is just clothing should be fine.

Smoothice

great..that was pretty much how I was thinking. I am sure I will get asked about it, but hey, thats good PR!

Right, I will not wear anything that has insignia

thanks!

The CyBorg is destroyed

No...in fact, I have several pairs of solid-colour BDU pants that I wear for everyday life, and the boots are good for the winters up here in the frozen Great Lakes.

If I'm going to a CAP function and wearing my A2 or blue flight jacket and need to make an extended stop, I have my insignia Velcro'd so that I can take them off.

But I concur about wearing anything with CAP insignia for anything not CAP-approved.

You might look good wearing your dress blues on a first date...but check with your CC first! ;) :D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Hawk200

I'd have to wonder why you can't just change at the meeting. It takes five minutes.

Is it a case of just pants and boots, or are you wearing what is basically the BDU uniform without the shirt and hat? I wouldn't consider either appropriate, but the second is definitely wrong. Wearing a partial uniform as "civvies" is unproffesional.

There are certain items that are considered permissable for wear with civilian clothing. That should be the limit as to what's worn outside of a uniform ensemble.

Now that doesn't extend to BDU style clothing that is clearly not a uniform item. If someone wants to wear green, brown or even tiger stripe that's up to the individual.

RiverAux

If you bought the pants and boots, go ahead and wear them.  However, I would say that if they were issued to you (which is the case for cadets in some places), that they should only be worn for CAP business since additional wear on your personal time is basically degrading a CAP resource that could eventually be re-issued to another member should you leave.  Same goes for web gear, tents, or any other gear like that which has been issued.  Probably not a point of view supported by any regulation, but I feel it is the moral way to approach the issue.

Pingree1492

Quote from: RiverAux on November 18, 2009, 09:01:16 PM
If you bought the pants and boots, go ahead and wear them.  However, I would say that if they were issued to you (which is the case for cadets in some places), that they should only be worn for CAP business since additional wear on your personal time is basically degrading a CAP resource that could eventually be re-issued to another member should you leave.  Same goes for web gear, tents, or any other gear like that which has been issued.  Probably not a point of view supported by any regulation, but I feel it is the moral way to approach the issue.

Excellent point on issued gear.

I frequently tell my cadets to wear their boots around their house, to school, etc. in order to properly break them in. 
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

RiverAux

QuoteI frequently tell my cadets to wear their boots around their house, to school, etc. in order to properly break them in. 
I wouldn't have a problem with that.