AAFES selling CAP products online

Started by Spike, October 01, 2009, 07:30:18 PM

Spike

I was browsing AAFES on-line and noticed they now sell the "Civil Air Patrol" tapes as well as the name tapes and nameplates, both for the corporate uniforms and the AF style!  They are listing them just under what Vanguard is selling them for. 

I applaud AAFES!  Yay....AAFES. 

Eclipse

Awesome.

Can you post the item numbers for those of us who have to call in orders?

"That Others May Zoom"

Nick

Air Force metal name tag: X801H ($13.75)
CAP 2-line blue name tag: X801N4 ($8.25)
USCG & CAP 3-line name tag (gray): X801N3 ($8.25)
USCG & CAP 3-line name tag (blue): X801N1 ($8.00)

CAP personalized name tape: X800X1 ($7.00!?)
CAP branch name tape: X800X2 ($7.00!?)
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

MIKE

Grey and blue 3 line USCG nametags?  ???
Mike Johnston

Nick

Quote from: MIKE on October 01, 2009, 10:42:37 PM
Grey and blue 3 line USCG nametags?  ???

That's what I said... but hey, I just report the info as I see it. :)  I was just surprised to see AAFES selling CG stuff.
Texas Wing Staff Guy

Gunner C

I wonder when CAP legal beagles are going to issue a "Cease and Desist" order to AAFES?  ;D

SarDragon

My guess is that they are sourced through Vanguard.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hawk200

Quote from: Gunner C on October 02, 2009, 05:56:27 AM
I wonder when CAP legal beagles are going to issue a "Cease and Desist" order to AAFES?  ;D

The items are probably from Vanguard. AAFES wouldn't go anywhere other than Vanguard or Ira Green for anything. National would look really stupid if they tried to C&D AAFES.

a2capt

Of which begs the question, how can we order them?

Seems the audience would otherwise be limited because last time I looked into AAFES, and called in to question the ambiguous language on the qualifiers listings, several folks there said CAP was not eligible to order online.

I have not checked since.

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Hawk200 on October 02, 2009, 06:24:51 AM
National would look really stupid if they tried to C&D AAFES.

So we can expect the cease and desist letter in...  5... 4... 3... 2...   >:D

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on October 02, 2009, 07:45:09 AM
Seems the audience would otherwise be limited because last time I looked into AAFES, and called in to question the ambiguous language on the qualifiers listings, several folks there said CAP was not eligible to order online.

The process for ordering from AAFES has not changed.  You call them on the phone, which is why I asked
for the part numbers as it makes life easier.

Those prices, though...

"That Others May Zoom"

Hawk200

Quote from: Eclipse on October 02, 2009, 01:36:39 PMThose prices, though...

That should lay any doubts about the items being from Vanguard to rest.

heliodoc

Still......

Ira Green and N S Meyer bling FAAAR beat Vanguard's apparent "overseas quality."

Hawk200

Quote from: heliodoc on October 02, 2009, 04:34:33 PMIra Green and N S Meyer bling FAAAR beat Vanguard's apparent "overseas quality."

NS Meyer is no longer in business. All their contracts, operations and business were absorbed by Vanguard. Even the website address links to Vanguard now.

Take a look: http://www.nsmeyer.com

heliodoc

Hawk200

Quote from: heliodoc on October 02, 2009, 04:58:36 PMI stand corrected

I still thought they were in business too. Last weekend, at my deployment return "ceremony", I recieved a Unit Citation that said "NS Meyer" on it. Tried to dig them up on the web, only to find they'd been absorbed by Vanguard. Wasn't too thrilled to discover that.

O-Rex

AAFES uniform catalog items-is shipping still free??

Spike

Spike

UPDATE

AAFES prices for CAP Nametapes and personalized nametapes are now $1.00

That is $2.55 cheaper than Vanguard and less than other "shops" on the internet.  PLUS no tax!

Item numbers:

Air Force Metal Name Tag: X801H ($7.75)
CAP 2 Line Blue Name Tag: X801N4 ($2.25)
CAP Branch of Service Name Tape: X800X2 ($1.00)
CAP Personalized Name Tape: X800X1 ($1.00)

Nick

Texas Wing Staff Guy

Spike

Just got my first order of 50 "CAP" branch tapes and nametapes.  Much better quality than Vanguard and Hock.  It also comes straight from the nametape shop at Fort Knok KY. 

PLUS a "thank you" note for being one of the first 500 to order from the new service!