Woodland BDU T-Shirt

Started by disamuel, September 14, 2008, 01:19:41 AM

addo1

Quote from: Rotorhead on September 14, 2008, 10:31:15 PM
Quote from: addo1 on September 14, 2008, 01:46:31 AM
Don't get me wrong.  I know what most squadrons do and that is what I mentioned above.  I did not (but now know) if there was an "official" shirt color, but did not think so.  I posted what my squadron does, not what an answer from some manual...
You do realise, don't you, that "most " squadrons don't do what you said, and that 39-1 is not just "some" manual but the actual regulation?

No, that was my point.  It wasn't just some manual, it is what our squadron does in accordance with the 39-1.
Quote from: DNall on September 14, 2008, 10:33:15 PM
Point of order...
Local commanders can always tighten up regs, never losen. So, they can specify black only or brown only or brown for basic cadets or black for staff/whatever. Same as they can specify BDU is the uniform of the day for a mtg/activity/etc, even though regs says any our hundred uniform combinations may be worn for CAP activities. However, they cannot broaden it to include other colors - like orange, unless you're in PA & just "special." Which they & everyone else have dif definitions of "special" in that circumstance.

Personally, I don't like making cadets buy dif shirts after a few months in or even to have them un-uniformed on shirt color. I'd just assume them all be in black T-shirts, hence Sq T-shirt is black, and other black shirts are acceptable.

Exactly what I was trying to say made short.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010