2 Promotions in one quarter?

Started by diegoochoaaa, July 07, 2016, 04:29:30 PM

diegoochoaaa

Is it possible to promote twice (2) in one (1) quarter.

My situation:  I am a C/Amn and my promotions are today 7/7/16.  The only thing that needs to be done for my next promotion is my drill test and promotion boards.
I promoted to C/Amn from Curry Day on 5/21/16 and I do understand i have to wait 2 months before promoting again.
So lets say 7/21 comes around and I promoted to C/A1C.  Would I be able to promote to C/SrA in 1 quarter? (next promotion ceremony)
Next Promotion Ceremony: 9/29/16

Holding Pattern

This is definitely a question to talk to your mentor/commander about. I'd definitely start working on a long term promotion plan too, based on some of your other posts.

Eclipse

Most of what you are talking about is local policy or tradition.

The only limiting factor on promotions for cadets is 8 weeks / 56 days as indicated in eservices (less if JROTC).

Anything else is outside the program as written.

Since a quarter is 3 months (90 days ish), it's not uncommon to promote more then once a quarter.

"That Others May Zoom"

diegoochoaaa

etodd

My squadron just had its 'yearly' promotion ceremony. So folks were recognized for all the promotions, advancements, etc., they had received all during the year.

IOW ... the date of the promotion ceremony doesn't have anything to do with when one can be promoted. We had cadets who had flown through several levels and were recognized for all of them this week, even though they had been wearing the badges, ribbons, etc. for months.
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Eclipse

Quote from: etodd on July 07, 2016, 09:22:37 PM
My squadron just had its 'yearly' promotion ceremony. So folks were recognized for all the promotions, advancements, etc., they had received all during the year.

IOW ... the date of the promotion ceremony doesn't have anything to do with when one can be promoted. We had cadets who had flown through several levels and were recognized for all of them this week, even though they had been wearing the badges, ribbons, etc. for months.

Nothing wrong with that presuming, as you say, they were actually awarded timely.

There, and have been, far too many units that artificially hold back cadets to "promotion night" before they will click them through, even
to the point of not promoting a cadet for another month because he missed "promotion night".  That's a good way to grow x-cadets, and / or
have mom standing at the door next meeting.

"That Others May Zoom"