ABU ABS and boots

Started by Simple Jack, June 17, 2016, 11:22:58 PM

LATORRECA

Just follow the directive from hq. This will avoid the [darn] individualism we are encountering in the CAP. Black boots that's the bottom line.

supertigerCH

fair enough.  like my comment said... i don't consider the color of the boots we wear to be a big issue.

my comment (if you read it again) was just about what seems the most easy for members (financially)... if a change to green/sage boots ever does happen.  the overall policy in place for the black boots would work just as well for the green.

for now, the boots are black.  i've marched more miles than i will ever be able to count in the back ones, and i imagine that marching miles in the green/sage boots isn't a whole lot different. 

no big deal.

JC004

If I had a magic wand, I'd make the boot options AF Sage or tan.  That would give us HUGE surplus from the Army, and lots of cheap sources who sell to the Army... 

I'd also have avoided doing the silver thing in the first place.  Keep it simple.  Keep it white.  This also allows 3rd party vendors do to do the work Vanguard has NO INTEREST in doing (all the military badges in CAP colors).  Vanguard is never going to stock all the military badges in CAP colors.  So keep it simple for the 3rd party guys.