2 Ribbons, Where do they go?

Started by CadetButterz, July 19, 2013, 05:00:45 PM

CadetButterz

I have my first ribbon, Curry (The purple with 2 white stripes) centered on my left breast pocket.

I got promoted and now have 2 ribbons, so how does it go? Is the curry on the right or the left side, and is the rack itself on the left or right

Sapper168

This is the kind of thing your element leaders/ chain of command should be teaching you, have you asked them yet?  Good rule of thumb for any question, ask chain of command first before asking in  a forum.   8)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

arajca

The Curry goes on the left as you wear it. The rack is centered over the pocket.

Eclipse

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on July 19, 2013, 05:06:20 PM
This is the kind of thing your element leaders/ chain of command should be teaching you, have you asked them yet?  Good rule of thumb for any question, ask chain of command first before asking in  a forum.   8)

Going to agree here - don't rob him of opportunity to mentor.

"That Others May Zoom"

CadetButterz

Sorry, I've tried contacting other cadets in my squadron but there aren't that many... I've tried 3, but they haven't responded.

And I dont really use the forum much unless I need to.

Eclipse

Quote from: CadetButterz on July 19, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Sorry, I've tried contacting other cadets in my squadron but there aren't that many... I've tried 3, but they haven't responded.

Ask them at the next meeting.

"That Others May Zoom"

CadetButterz

Quote from: Eclipse on July 19, 2013, 05:11:49 PM
Quote from: CadetButterz on July 19, 2013, 05:09:35 PM

Ask them at the next meeting.

Encampment is tommorw for me. (No, I haven't been doing everything last minute, i am all packed and such, but I needed to wait for my ribbon to arrive in the mail)

Eclipse

Fair enough - ask them when you get there (although the answer is above).

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Or.....you can look up CAPM 39-1 and all your basic questions will be answered.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

vento

Or you can use the rack builder as a reference.
http://mcchord.org/rack_builder/

Just remember to share what you know and learn with newer cadets.
Good luck!

CadetButterz

Quote from: vento on July 19, 2013, 07:45:39 PM
Or you can use the rack builder as a reference.
http://mcchord.org/rack_builder/

Just remember to share what you know and learn with newer cadets.
Good luck!
Thanks!

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: lordmonar on July 19, 2013, 05:54:36 PM
Or.....you can look up CAPM 39-1 and all your basic questions will be answered.

39-3 is also very useful.

MSG Mac

The ribbon order is also in the Cadet binder (Great Start) which shows all the ribbons and awards in the correct order and precedence.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

peter rabbit

and, there is a link on the CAP website under Member Services to another ribbon checker: http://www.txsgair.org/DAFAB/CAPCode/BuildRackGIF.htm

Private Investigator

Quote from: CadetButterz on July 19, 2013, 05:20:24 PMEncampment is tommorw for me. (No, I haven't been doing everything last minute, i am all packed and such, but I needed to wait for my ribbon to arrive in the mail)

Have fun and welcome to CT.