1st Sergeant Diamond

Started by Huey Driver, February 13, 2012, 03:17:20 AM

MIKE

They make great "Sergeant Major" insignia on a set of epaulet sleeves.  >:D

For those C/Maj who minor in First Sergeant.
Mike Johnston

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Dad2-4

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on February 15, 2012, 12:29:50 AM

The position of first sgt and flight sgt are both talked about in CAPP 52-15 'Cadet Staff Handbook'.  The particular organization of the cadets is actually up to the squadron itself.  Page 42 and 43 give a synopsis of the duties and expectations that generally entail what being a 1st sgt is.
Not questioning the existence of the position of first sergeant. What I'm not seeing is the authorization for the diamond for CAP cadet use.

Eclipse

It's currently on the Island of Misfit Regs.

If you don't accept the KB's opinion, and have the local authority in that regard, so be it.

"That Others May Zoom"

GTRanger

Quote from: HGjunkie on February 15, 2012, 07:51:25 PM
­

Why have I never seen that before?? Is that painted on or a real insignia? I've only seen them at an encampment or two as a staff position, and usually they just have the first sgt diamond because they couldn't find any airforce equivalent to the command chief insignia, without actually using USAF command chief insignia.

-Modified from " I've seen a lot of command chiefs at places like encampment." to "I've only seen them at an encampment or two as a staff position" to create less chance of misinterpretation :)

"These things we do, that others may live." -USAF Pararescue and Ranger Motto

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: GTRanger on February 16, 2012, 05:30:14 PM
­

Why have I never seen that before?? Is that painted on or a real insignia? I've seen a lot of command chiefs at places like encampment, and usually they just have the first sgt diamond because they couldn't find any airforce equivalent to the command chief insignia, without actually using USAF command chief insignia.
Command chief definitely isn't authorized.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

GTRanger

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 16, 2012, 05:32:24 PM
Quote from: GTRanger on February 16, 2012, 05:30:14 PM
­

Why have I never seen that before?? Is that painted on or a real insignia? I've seen a lot of command chiefs at places like encampment, and usually they just have the first sgt diamond because they couldn't find any airforce equivalent to the command chief insignia, without actually using USAF command chief insignia.
Command chief definitely isn't authorized.

That's what I guessed. although it looks cool, that insignia is out of regs. bummer. :(

GroundHawg

This has been going on since at least 1990. I was presented and wore the stand alone diamond as a cadet back then. I didnt get mine till I was a c/tsgt, though some of the smaller squadrons had a c/sgt as their top. We wore it to squadron, group, and wing activities, and when we were addressed we were addressed as first sgt.

Again, they need to update 39-1 >:(

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

GTRanger

Huey Driver

With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

titanII

Just out of curiosity, where'd you find the picture of the Command Chief insignia, HGjunkie? I'm curious as to the origins of the insignia (who made it/had it made, why)
No longer active on CAP talk

HGjunkie

Quote from: titanII on February 17, 2012, 04:14:06 AM
Just out of curiosity, where'd you find the picture of the Command Chief insignia, HGjunkie? I'm curious as to the origins of the insignia (who made it/had it made, why)

A friend of mine (he's a Cadet Officer) actually sent it to me, so I have no dice on the origins.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

titanII

Quote from: HGjunkie on February 17, 2012, 09:54:56 PM
Quote from: titanII on February 17, 2012, 04:14:06 AM

A friend of mine (he's a Cadet Officer) actually sent it to me, so I have no dice on the origins.
ah..... Too bad.
No longer active on CAP talk