ABU Boots with BDU

Started by Eagle 1, December 16, 2011, 08:58:10 PM

Eagle 1

I'm an AFROTC guy but still work with CAP from time to time. My old black boots have essentially become unserviceable but I've got the ABU ones now. So, straight to the question - are ABU boots authorized with the BDUs (AF approved it, but this section in CAP's uniform manual has me confused).

CAPM 39-1
QuoteTable 2-3. Men's and Women's Battle Dress Uniforms

Footwear (Combat Boots)  Black, with or without safety toe, plain rounded toe or rounded capped toe with or without perforated seam. Zipper or elastic inserts optional, smooth or scotch-grained leather or man-made material, and may have a high gloss or patent finish.

(Hot-weather Tropical)  Green, or black cloth, or canvas and black leather with plain toe with zipper or elastic inserts.
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/496

I'm not quite sure if I interpret this section correctly, but to me it looks like the sage green boots that we use are good to go.

I asked the folks at the Knowledgebase straight up if it was authorized and they sent me back to that answer.

bassque

ABU boots are not authorized to wear with the BDUs. 
Basically, they are referring to "Jungle Boots" for the hot weather climate. 

Eagle 1

Hell those look worse than just going with the ABU ones haha

But okay, thanks for the answer ;)

titanII

Yeah, the green cloth part just applies to the cloth upper, not the entire boot.
No longer active on CAP talk

bassque

Quote from: Eagle 1 on December 16, 2011, 09:16:27 PM
Hell those look worse than just going with the ABU ones haha

But okay, thanks for the answer ;)

Ain't no thang.  ABU boots certainly seem more comfortable. 

SARDOC

Quote from: bassque on December 16, 2011, 10:46:04 PM
Ain't no thang.  ABU boots certainly seem more comfortable.

I've never worn ABU boots...But I know I have a few pairs of jungle boots and they have been hit or miss.  Some were really hard but some were like wearing sneakers.  YMMV

a2capt

Wally World has 8 inch black jungle style boots for $37 .. that to me after two months of near every day use, still look like the box was just opened.

Even if you're the type that snivels about Wal*Mart and cheap, if it's only for meetings, they'll last several years at that rate.

They look similar to this, taller for one, but are not visible online apparently.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Herman-Survivors-Men-s-Contactor-Work-Boots-Wide-Width/14663320

..and Target, *Mart and whatever else don't buy their stuff from anywhere different. So .. ;)