1960's CAP/USAF Aux logo on CSU (Double Breasted Coat)

Started by FARRIER, October 02, 2010, 10:32:44 PM

FARRIER

Greetings:

Just a thought. If it was okayed by ALL parties to keep the CSU w/ Double Breasted Coat, would you wear the 1960's logo on the coat?

Respectfully,

Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace

RiverAux

SarDragon

Maybe, if it was converted into a pin-on insignia. Maybe. That would also depend on fatties/fuzzies issues resolution.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

manfredvonrichthofen

That would make it better and more easily accepted were if it were an OPTIONAL metal pin. I would opt to wear it.

ColonelJack

As a patch, no.  As a pin, yes.

I am still somewhat peeved about the decision to render the CSU obsolete ... especially after spending $175 on the coat and then having it altered (at no small expense) to fit my new, smaller frame.  (Which alteration became necessary because Vanguard took the coat off the rack by the time my weight loss regimen was concluded, else I would have just purchased a new coat.)  I fail to understand what the issue was in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.

If epaulet sleeves, CAP cutouts, and this older insignia as a pin (above the nameplate, perhaps) will allow those who wish to continue wearing the CSU, I'm all for it. 

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

flyboy53

Boy, it's funny how things go full circle.

I remember the "coke bottle patch" and, no I wouldn't wear it. I remember how very unpopular it became. That unpopularity caused NHQ to then go to silver and black metal breast bars, one each for cadets and seniors, and those crazy similar black and silver tags for the then fatigue uniform.

Do we have to go through this again?

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ColonelJack on October 03, 2010, 11:42:11 AM
I am still somewhat peeved about the decision to render the CSU obsolete ... I fail to understand what the issue was in the first place, but that's neither here nor there.

Basically National walking on eggshells afraid of ticking off the AF, the incredibly silly "low-light/at-a-distance" requirement and National wanting to remove any vestige of the previous Generalissimo.

Why it's being phased out even with the modifications directed by General Courter is completely illogical.

I have yet to meet someone personally who thinks phasing the CSU out is a good thing.

I wouldn't go with the Pepsi-Cola device as an identifier, but maybe some variation of the CAP crest worn on Mess Dress.

Also, even though the two-nameplate bit was kind of redundant, if we'd bring something like that back, maybe it would cut costs by eliminating the three-line nameplate for all CAP personnel, and we could just use the same single-line plate the USAF does.  AFJROTC does, why not us?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JC004

Smokey

Leave the 60's in the 60's where they belong.

....You mean like ultramarine blue ??????
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

JC004

FARRIER

Thank you for the responses. Flyboy1, thank you for the history lesson.

Respectfully,
Photographer/Photojournalist
IT Professional
Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

http://www.commercialtechimagery.com/stem-and-aerospace