Main Menu

Completed Level 3!

Started by Майор Хаткевич, June 09, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Майор Хаткевич

I've finally got off my ass and completed level 3. Just received notification of wing approval.

Onwards to level 4 via SOS!

RogueLeader

Congrats.  On to bigger and better things.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

THRAWN

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 09, 2016, 07:28:39 PM
I've finally got off my ass and completed level 3. Just received notification of wing approval.

Congrats! Keep up the great work that you do.
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

grunt82abn

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 09, 2016, 07:28:39 PM

Congratulations!!!  :clap:
Sean Riley, TSGT
US Army 1987 to 1994, WIARNG 1994 to 2008
DoD Firefighter Paramedic 2000 to Present

MSG Mac

Will you be able to get Major under the grandfather clause?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

MSG Mac

Are you eligible for Major under the Grandfathering clause?
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Майор Хаткевич

Yes, I'm able to use my one grandfather promotion for Major, as my Captain bars were awarded Dec 2012. At this point I'm 6 months over TIG, CLC/Lvl3 being the last thing I needed. Will be submitting my promotion packet to the unit commander by the end of the week.

MacGruff

Congrats and good luck!

Out of curiosity, since I am in a different Wing...  How are you being presented with the Level 3 certificate?

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MacGruff on June 10, 2016, 09:02:45 PM
Congrats and good luck!

Out of curiosity, since I am in a different Wing...  How are you being presented with the Level 3 certificate?

No idea. Still waiting on my LV2 Cert.  >:D

MacGruff

;D ;D

Oh!

In my wing, Level 2 certificates are awarded at the Squadron annual banquets. Normally, the Wing Commander likes to come to those to award the certificates personally (he also insists on attending every SLS in the Wing - and it's a LARGE WING!!!).

For Level 3, I've been told he does the same, and sometimes even insists that it be awarded at the annual Wing Conference ... not separately.

So, I was curious how Illinois does it.

Regarding your Level 2, does it show up in e-services?

[AArgh ... fixed typo]

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: MacGruff on June 10, 2016, 09:16:29 PM

Regarding your Level 2, does it show up in e-services?

Since 13DEC12.

Can't get LVL3 without 2 being there.

Eclipse

Quote from: MacGruff on June 10, 2016, 09:16:29 PM
In my wing, Level 2 certificates are awarded at the Squadron annual banquets.

The what now?

Since they are no longer provided by NHQ, those so inclined generally print them out.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Really?

I'm a Wing DA, and I have to get the Benjamin O Davis Award from NHQ.  at least as recently as April of this year.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MacGruff

At our Wing the Wing guy is the only one who can print those off. I'm the PDO at the Group level and I only get to print out Level 1 certificates...

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 10, 2016, 10:36:52 PM
Really?

I'm a Wing DA, and I have to get the Benjamin O Davis Award from NHQ.  at least as recently as April of this year.

You received it direct from NHQ?

I don't think I've seen a cert of any kind direct from NHQ in a decade or more for anyone.  It used to be wind wold order
them and print as needed - one of the reason all wings received a wide-format printer some time ago.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on June 13, 2016, 12:41:57 AM
Really?

I don't think I've seen a cert of any kind direct from NHQ in a decade or more for anyone.  It used to be wind wold order
them and print as needed - one of the reason all wings received a wide-format printer some time ago.

Yes.  Wings can not print Level 2 certs.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: RogueLeader on June 14, 2016, 10:13:06 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 13, 2016, 12:41:57 AM
Really?

Yes.  Wings can not print Level 2 certs.

Can confirm. JUST was handed an NHQ hard mailer with a Lvl2. Hard card stock, gold seal for Yeager, and 8 x 11 size.

JeffDG

Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 09, 2016, 09:16:10 PM
Yes, I'm able to use my one grandfather promotion for Major, as my Captain bars were awarded Dec 2012. At this point I'm 6 months over TIG, CLC/Lvl3 being the last thing I needed. Will be submitting my promotion packet to the unit commander by the end of the week.
OK, you will then have 5 years to do RSC and NSC!

MHC5096

Congratulations! It feels like only yesterday when I knocked out Level III...but it was actually 23 years ago.  :o :o
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JeffDG on June 15, 2016, 01:50:28 AM
Quote from: Capt Hatkevich on June 09, 2016, 09:16:10 PM
OK, you will then have 5 years to do RSC and NSC!

Going the SOS route.