Main Menu

PJOC

Started by salty000, May 27, 2018, 02:21:21 PM

salty000

I will be attending PJOC in less than a month. I have read everything there is and watched everything there is on PJOC. I was wondering if anyone could tell me any info or war stories

-Salty000

GroundHawg

I went eons ago, but I still think it and HMRS were the best experiences in all my time in CAP. Keep you mouth shut, your eyes and ears open and have a great time.

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

NM or AZ? I just talked to a cadet who had been to NM, he said it was some of the hardest stuff he's done. Now, I don't know how much hard stuff he'd done before, but he seemed like a pretty hardcore dude. Anyway, I would think that everything you NEED to know is already out there. Many cadets who have been to the activity are hush-hush because they claim they don't want to spoil the fun for those who plan to attend; so don't be surprised if there isn't anyone willing to share their stories.
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

SarDragon

Keep in mind that the altitude in NM is about a mile up, so exercising will be more strenuous. Practice early, and often.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

CAPSOC_0pur8ur

Quote from: SarDragon on June 10, 2018, 04:20:18 AM
Keep in mind that the altitude in NM is about a mile up, so exercising will be more strenuous. Practice early, and often.

For those who have gone, did y'all use the provided PT schedule, or did you just take the PFE and work on your weak points?
"To be somebody or to do something. In life there is often a roll call. That's when you will have to make a decision. To be or to do? Which way will you go?" -Col John Boyd

PHall

Quote from: CAPSOC_0pur8ur on June 11, 2018, 12:10:26 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on June 10, 2018, 04:20:18 AM

For those who have gone, did y'all use the provided PT schedule, or did you just take the PFE and work on your weak points?

You would best advised to follow what they sent you. It's not their first time.

salty000

Ended up making the cut at PJOC and am thinking about going to APJOC or the Hawk Mountain Medical Course. Any thoughts?

sarmed1

Why not try and do both?  HMRS usually has a much bigger number of slots, so going for an "alternate" slot as a second option still often results in being able to go if you can swing the costs.

MK
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel