Main Menu

CAP insignia

Started by Brad, October 26, 2007, 01:59:44 AM

Brad

Ok so I've looked through a few pages and I've found different takes on this topic, even some that I think are contradictory to regulations. So, my question is: as a SMWOG, do I or do I not wear the CAP embroidered device on my BDU collars? Or the metal cutout, for that matter? CAPM 39-1 reads as follows:

QuoteCAP Lapel/Collar Insignia: Senior member NCOs and Airmen as well as senior members without grade wear this device on both sides of the collar. Cadet members without grade wear metal device on both sides of the collar. NOTE: Senior member and cadet officers as well as cadet NCOs and airman wore this device on the left collar prior to 4 March 2005. Wear of this device is no longer authorized for these individuals. Members have until 30 September 2005 to comply with this policy change.

So do I wear the CAP insignia or not, and if so, what type?

Then again I suppose the easiest option is just to wear the golf shirt until I make 2nd Lt.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Pylon

BDUs and DFU (Blue BDUs), Senior Members without Grade (aka: SM) wear the embroidered (white embroidery on ultramarine) blue CAP cutout.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Pylon on October 26, 2007, 02:10:43 AM
BDUs and DFU (Blue BDUs), Senior Members without Grade (aka: SM) wear the embroidered (white embroidery on ultramarine) blue CAP cutout.

And as a SMWOG you were the metal CAP cutouts on both collars of your blues, which IMHO wrecks the shirt, which is why I don't recommend getting blues until you are a 2d Lt.

"That Others May Zoom"

Brad

Quote from: Eclipse on October 26, 2007, 02:48:12 AM
Quote from: Pylon on October 26, 2007, 02:10:43 AM

And as a SMWOG you were the metal CAP cutouts on both collars of your blues, which IMHO wrecks the shirt, which is why I don't recommend getting blues until you are a 2d Lt.

Thanks for the heads up, but I've been around the block a few times as far as pinholes go, what with NJROTC and all, and found that a good wash and some quick finger rubbing of the holes makes them almost completly disappear....especially within the first few months.

I'm just glad to be able to get back into a uniform at all...blasted medical d/q  :(
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Walkman

I'm getting a sense of deja vu here...

Welcome Brad. I'm new as of August myself.

I went through the same questions, since 39-1 says one thing, but the binder they send you says another. I found out the there have been a ton of revisions to the uniform regs over the years, so you have to poer through all the change memos to get the whole picture.

Stick around here, it's a great place to quickly advance your knowledge of CAP.

jb512

I recommend blues no matter what grade you are.  Every time I pin something to my shirt the pinholes disappear after a run through the washer and dryer.  Unless someone is in the habit of sharpening their pins to a razor sharp point, all they end up doing is sliding between the weaves of the fabric.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

Another former CAP officer

BigMojo

Only my sharks have them on their heads.   ;D
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing