Do you know your ribbons?

Started by RiverAux, October 21, 2007, 11:51:33 PM

Be honest -- could you match up each CAP (not military) ribbon that you wear with the name of that award?

Yes
72 (82.8%)
No
15 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 87

RiverAux

Well, it looks like I am in the minority of active CAPTalk members on this issue, but then again we all know that CAPTalkers are among the best and brightest in CAP and know uniform and other regulation requirements better than the average CAP guy or gal.   ;)

So, to slightly change the topic:  Since most CAPTalk folks know their ribbons pretty darn well, do you think that the average senior member in your squadron knows them as well as you do? 

Hawk200

Quote from: RiverAux on October 23, 2007, 06:28:36 PMSo, to slightly change the topic:  Since most CAPTalk folks know their ribbons pretty darn well, do you think that the average senior member in your squadron knows them as well as you do? 

Considering most of them wear golf shirts, I would doubt it.

ladyreferee

I definitely can.  I have two cadets (one a C/1st Lt and one C/CMSgt) and they of course have a load of ribbons.  Since I'm the one that orders all ribbons for our family on Hock Shop (and pays for them), I also make sure the ribbons are still in shape on the rack.
CHERYL K CARROLL, Major, CAP

jeders

I can name all of mine, but I don't know about the others. One SM who only has one ribbon can obviously name them all, but another that has several ribbons I know cannot name them all, he tried once and failed. Beyond the three of us, none of the SM in my squadron even wear uniforms, let alone ribbons.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

SAR-EMT1

Yes I can name all mine, as well as all the cadet ribbons up to C/Master Sgt.
-Senior cadet in the unit at the moment.

As far as ones I dont have or any other cadet type ribbons, I doubt it.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

baronet68

I can name CAP ribbons with 99.9% accruacy (unless you throw in some of the really old WWII service ribbons) and I can usually identify about 80% of all DoD ribbons.

;D
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

pixelwonk

never hurts to have your own rackbuilder you've spent gobs of time on. :D

baronet68

Quote from: tedda on October 25, 2007, 12:30:17 AM
never hurts to have your own rackbuilder you've spent gobs of time on. :D

<--------- Busted!    :D
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager