Flight Officer Rank for Aviator Shirt

Started by O-Rex, October 16, 2007, 12:28:53 PM

O-Rex

Maybe someone touched on this on another thread, but:

I remember when the Aviator shirt/Blue pants combo came out, someone complained that there were no FO rank epaulet slides to go with it.

FYI: I was looking through the Vanguard site, and came across AFROTC rank under the "Schools" category, and found that items 8421100, 8420900 and 8420700 correspond to FO, TFO and SFO.

. . .  .in case anyone was looking for it.

JayT

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

pixelwonk

This is great.  Thanks O-Rex!

Keep in mind however, that the the ones pictured depict "small" epaulet slides.  Correct me if I'm wrong, (please) but doesn't that mean they're intended for females?

Here are the regular sized ones:
FO- 8420000
TFO- 8420200
SFO- 8420400

floridacyclist

I need to find this out as well as Stefan is taking the step to SM (FO) on his next home pass. Actually, it probably doesn't matter since he wears blues.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

O-Rex

Quote from: tedda on October 16, 2007, 02:26:46 PM
This is great.  Thanks O-Rex!

Keep in mind however, that the the ones pictured depict "small" epaulet slides.  Correct me if I'm wrong, (please) but doesn't that mean they're intended for females?

Here are the regular sized ones:
FO- 8420000
TFO- 8420200
SFO- 8420400

Naw, those were just the first ones I found: I came across it totally by accident.

You are right about the large size ones.

Thanks!

Pylon

Quote from: O-Rex on October 16, 2007, 12:28:53 PM

I remember when the Aviator shirt/Blue pants combo came out, someone complained that there were no FO rank epaulet slides to go with it.

FYI: I was looking through the Vanguard site, and came across AFROTC rank under the "Schools" category, and found that items 8421100, 8420900 and 8420700 correspond to FO, TFO and SFO.

Except that AFROTC slides are black and the new Corporate Service Uniform requires blue slides.

Vanguard does make Civil Air Patrol FO-SFO epaulet sleeves/shoulder marks for the "TPU".  If they're not on the website, call and ask.  They have them.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

O-Rex

Quote from: Pylon on October 16, 2007, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: O-Rex on October 16, 2007, 12:28:53 PM

Except that AFROTC slides are black and the new Corporate Service Uniform requires blue slides.

Vanguard does make Civil Air Patrol FO-SFO epaulet sleeves/shoulder marks for the "TPU".  If they're not on the website, call and ask.  They have them.

Just before you posted, I called a buddy who was an AFROTC cadet: He also said "no-can-do."  You're absolutely right.

Didn't know about the blue epaulets: someday we should start a thread on "secret passwords for Vanguard..."

Pylon

Quote from: O-Rex on October 16, 2007, 07:21:11 PMDidn't know about the blue epaulets: someday we should start a thread on "secret passwords for Vanguard..."

Haha, seriously... you just have to "know" what Vanguard has available because they don't have handfuls of it on the website.  What actually has made it onto the website catalog may be in the wrong category and/or have no picture and/or be a different price than the identical item on the Armed Forces side of the Vanguard website.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

pixelwonk

Wow, good catch.  My eyes apparently aren't recognizing the difference between navy and black today.
Good thing I wore white socks! :)