Main Menu

Mystery uniform

Started by Dad2-4, October 07, 2007, 12:42:24 AM

gistek

I would rather spend my money on SAR equipment than the Service-Uniform-of-the-Day. Unless they come up with reasonably priced clothing, I will continue buying my "corporate) grey slacks at Walmart and my white aviator shirts wherever I can get them cheapest (usually Hock).

Maybe, if I get a real windfall and need to have tax deductible expenses, I'll splurge for a fancy blue uniform some day.

JayT

Exactly what SAR equipment is needed?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Dad2-4

Quote from: mikeylikey on October 07, 2007, 02:01:44 PM
That sir was GENIUS!  That is our NEXT uniform change.  I can't wait.  Glad you got it out there for the CAP leadership to see.
Shhhh. Don't go putting ideas into anyone's heads.

Quote from: maikeylikey on October 07, 2007, 02:01:44 PMI am surprised you did not approach him and ask "what the crap are you wearing"?  Or better yet......"Where is the person in charge of this event"?

I really want to say stuff like that, but I'm usually non-confrontational with SMs considerably older than me that I don't know.

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on October 07, 2007, 03:09:14 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on October 07, 2007, 06:42:29 AMMy hat - it's 20 years olde, and I can barely read the AF certification, much less any other labeling. I'll take your word for it.

If its really 20 years old, its probably the wrong color and material...

Dunno, haven't compared it to any "modern" uni items. Since I'll only be wearing it with a flight suit, I doubt anyone would notice. But I will check.

And, yes, it really is 20 years olde. What make you doubt that?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret