The end of the TPU?

Started by floridacyclist, October 03, 2007, 04:32:58 PM

With Gen. Pineda officialy out will we keep the TPU?

Yes
61 (64.9%)
No
33 (35.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Eagle400

Quote from: Major Carrales on October 06, 2007, 03:41:39 AM
If I am not mistaken, the Heritage Uniform's epaulets are sewn at the edge with a "cross pattern," one won't be able to slide shoulder marks on them, at least, not normal sized ones.

Great point, Maj Carrales.  I think that "CAP" cutouts on the lapel and metal officer rank insignia on the shoulders would be appropriate for the AF Heritage Uniform.  Very similar to that of the Air Force, but distinctive enough to distinguish auxiliary personnel from AF personnel. 

JohnKachenmeister

I am not sure what the final version of the Arnold Heritage uniform will look like, and I am sure that stitching the epaulets of the jacket will make it real hard for the AF officers to pin their rank on.

Joe, if you have any pix or information about the Heritage uniform, can you send it to me?  All that I have seen are some photos of the test uniforms, and some of the test uniforms had the choker collar like the Marines wear, and was called the Billy Mitchell Heritage Uniform.

Another former CAP officer

Major Carrales

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on October 06, 2007, 02:15:38 PM
I am not sure what the final version of the Arnold Heritage uniform will look like, and I am sure that stitching the epaulets of the jacket will make it real hard for the AF officers to pin their rank on.

Joe, if you have any pix or information about the Heritage uniform, can you send it to me?  All that I have seen are some photos of the test uniforms, and some of the test uniforms had the choker collar like the Marines wear, and was called the Billy Mitchell Heritage Uniform.

Voila!!!

http://www.airforcetimes.com/projects/flash/2007_03_16_afuniforms/

Even an "interactive 360 degree" view, plus of olders styles.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JohnKachenmeister

Thanks, Joe.  It is significantly different from the test uniform I saw.

Dragoon

Of course, how exactly do you create a "CAP Heritage Uniform?"  It won't be as simple as adding insignia (since that would still be a USAF suit, and therefore off limits to the fat 'n fuzzies?

ddelaney103

Quote from: Dragoon on October 09, 2007, 01:55:23 PM
Of course, how exactly do you create a "CAP Heritage Uniform?"  It won't be as simple as adding insignia (since that would still be a USAF suit, and therefore off limits to the fat 'n fuzzies?

I'd go back to a khaki based suit - it's removed from current AF and hearkens back to our glory days.

BillB

The 1505 or 1550 uniform from the 60's is what's being discussed. It's the same basic uniform worn in the 1940's just different material, not a different shade. It could be worn with the OD service coat, also worn during the 40's. Insignia was the CAP cutout worn on the left collar, and grade insignia worn on the right. Shoulder patches if required would be the Florida Wing style with the wing name on the rocker above the patch. Rather than the khaki belt worn in the 40's the AF blue belt of the 60's would be worn along with blue flight with grade rather than the CAP "eagle" as now worn or the blue service hat.
The only problem:  Cadets would still be in the AF blue uniform.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

ddelaney103

Quote from: BillB on October 09, 2007, 02:32:27 PM
The 1505 or 1550 uniform from the 60's is what's being discussed. It's the same basic uniform worn in the 1940's just different material, not a different shade. It could be worn with the OD service coat, also worn during the 40's. Insignia was the CAP cutout worn on the left collar, and grade insignia worn on the right. Shoulder patches if required would be the Florida Wing style with the wing name on the rocker above the patch. Rather than the khaki belt worn in the 40's the AF blue belt of the 60's would be worn along with blue flight with grade rather than the CAP "eagle" as now worn or the blue service hat.

Do you have an image with these color shades?

I'd go with the "CAP Overseas Patch" instead of FLWG.  Besides being more heritage, it's just a clearer patch design.  It's also in stock.  If people wanted, it'd be easy enough to fashion a wing/region rocker to go with it.

AF blue tie and AF blue belt to go with the flight cap - no need to reinvent the wheel.  Ditch the bus driver hat - the checkbook you save might be your own.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Dragoon on October 09, 2007, 01:55:23 PM

Check out "UNiform Changes" and I discuss a more specific plan.  In the immortal words of Wilbur Wright:  "Might fly, might not, but maybe we should try."

SarDragon

Quote from: ddelaney103 on October 09, 2007, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: BillB on October 09, 2007, 02:32:27 PM

Do you have an image with these color shades?

I'd go with the "CAP Overseas Patch" instead of FLWG.  Besides being more heritage, it's just a clearer patch design.  It's also in stock.  If people wanted, it'd be easy enough to fashion a wing/region rocker to go with it.

AF blue tie and AF blue belt to go with the flight cap - no need to reinvent the wheel.  Ditch the bus driver hat - the checkbook you save might be your own.

Nothing that color currently on eBay, but did see these:

Civil-Air-Patrol-hat

US-CIVIL-AIR-PATROL-EPAULETTE
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JohnKachenmeister

Whoa!

The hat looks like its from WWII, cadet.

The epaulet is one of the maroon tabs that lasted a short time before the whole epaulet went maroon.