Need advice on ARCHER and HSI

Started by Nick Critelli, August 21, 2007, 10:14:10 PM

Nick Critelli

Attn CAPTALK

Please give me your experiences on ARCHER.  Has your Wing used it? What is your assessment.  We have not used it in Iowa nor have we seen it. I have to brief the the IA-TAG on Saturday and I'm looking for material.

SJFedor

OPSEC.

See if you can get in contact with Lt. Col. John Schmidt of Kansas Wing. He's the Vice Commander there and pretty big into the ARCHER stuff.

Next time, give a call to NHQ and speak with John Desmaris or one of the other operations staff. Tell them what you need to do (presentations to a state AG is a big thing), and I'm sure they could arrange a GA-8 with the system to come up and explain the system. If you arrange it ahead of time, they love showing off their toys to people with birds and stars on their shoulders.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Pylon

See!  That's the kind of networking I love to see at CAPTalk!    :D
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

RiverAux

wingnut

People who wish to use the Archer technology should have a basic understanding of what it can and can't do, Going to the CAP public website is fine, but additional sites include   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperspectral (copy and Paste) if you would like to see what the Archer is all about from a more scientific level you can access the http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/hyper.htm as used for military. if you really are interested in in the "actual Archer scientific explanation you can go to the people who manufactured it;http://www.nova-sol.com.  Now the designers of Archer have produced numerous Journal articles, these can be found at SPIE.

Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems and Applications II, Stephan H. Wyatt, Editors, pp.17-28
Date: 10 May 2005

Paper Abstract
The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is procuring Airborne Real-time Cueing Hyperspectral Enhanced Reconnaissance (ARCHER) systems to increase their search-and-rescue mission capability. (Heavy scientifc discussion of Archer configuration, math used, software, etc)

So I guess OPSEC security does not apply to things being discussed in the public and Scientific community. At any rate Archer is an exceptional platform for many uses, it can be improved and fine tuned and I am sure it will be

DKruse

Lt. Col. Critelli,

We have an ARCHER system here in Minnesota.  We flew to Lincoln, NE last December and put on a demonstration for the Lieutenant Governor and ANG Adjutant General.  If you are wanting a similar demonstration, it's not too long of a flight to Iowa.  If you are interested, send a private message to me and I can get you in touch with our ARCHER primary point of contact.
Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

bosshawk

Col. Critelli: I have Wing Staff oversight of the ARCHER program in CAWG and would be happy to share with you what we in CA have learned about the plane and the technology.

For obvious reasons, I would suggest a PM to me.

BTW: Wingnut spent last weekend working on an ARCHER mission here in CA, so he has first hand data.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

ricecakecm

I'm the ARCHER program manager for Missouri Wing.  We've used it on a few actual missions now.  Feel free to email or PM me.