FEMA Courses Where Do They Get Posted

Started by SoCalCAPOfficer, July 31, 2007, 11:26:20 PM

SoCalCAPOfficer

I was told some time ago that we should take some FEMA Courses, so I took and passed 100, 200, 700 and 800.  Now that I have finished, I can't find anywhere to post them in opsqual or mims.   I have put the certificates in my 201 file, but does anybody else know where else they should be posted or sent?
Daniel L. Hough, Maj, CAP
Commander
Hemet Ryan Sq 59  PCR-CA-458

isuhawkeye

You'll simply need to document the appropriate course completion in your SQTR.  Unfortunately CAP doesn't require many of them yet.

floridacyclist

The G19? course called for in many of the supervisory positions below IC2 and AL2 is the same as ICS200/IS200, so you can take credit for that one.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

davedove

In Maryland Wing, they have asked to have copies of the certificates forwarded to Wing.  Also, they are requiring the courses for ES qualifications in the Wing.  If you haven't taken the courses (differing courses for the different specialties), you don't get your SQTR approved.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

Al Sayre

Have the Personnel Officer put a copy of your certificate in your Service Record, and if your DOS is like me, he's going to want to see it before he approves any qual's that require it. 

I also recommend that if you are going to be working toward IC, that you check with your state EMA and  take the ICS 300 & 400 Courses.  They are 2 days in the classroom where you learn how ICS really works and get a chance to put it in practice in several tabletop scenarios.  It's also a good chance to network with the folks you will have to work with in a full scale incident(and in MS they feed you a pretty good lunch also).

If you do the AFRCC SAR planning course and the ICS 300 & 400 courses, yoiu will get a really good handle on how things should and can work.  I used the things I learned in these courses during the recent mission up in Oxford MS where we found and saved the gentleman from Oregon.  The system works, and it simplifies the IC's life because everyone is working from the same playbook.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

isuhawkeye

Looks Like MD wing is working towards being NIMS compliant.  Good deal.