eServices Ribbon Input

Started by goblin, March 28, 2018, 11:50:33 AM

goblin

I'm not very familiar with eServices yet. Is there a way, as a CC, to input ribbons for squadron members or must they first request it themselves before the CC can approve.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwe1009

For ribbons, the member has to put them in and then the unit CC approves.  If are are talking about awards like the Commander's Commendation then you can put them in.  Just make sure that you check the "historical" box and that you upload any supporting documentations (signed CAPF120, certificate, etc.).

Live2Learn

Fwiw, the member initiated process for ribbons is interesting as a concept...   it also explains why some very impressive racks come into being.  :o

Eclipse

Quote from: Live2Learn on March 28, 2018, 02:19:12 PM
Fwiw, the member initiated process for ribbons is interesting as a concept...   it also explains why some very impressive racks come into being.  :o

Well, they either earned them or they didn't, right?  No real difference, just a place to track things.

I've had a few on my wall for years that were never tracked properly anywhere - 120 wasn't given to
me, or there never was one (but there's a PA), etc.  A lot of the jelly beans people have been wearing
for years were not tracked properly, or the paperwork is long since lost behind a file cabinet, whatever.

Being able to get them tracked somewhere was just a nice to have.

One could make hay about the fact that the one dec 1/2 the adult membership can't ever wear
is one of the few most members will actually have in their eservices records, but that would just be nitpicking...

"That Others May Zoom"

chuckmilam

I have a couple of Unit Citations from back in the day that show up in my paper records, but not in eServices.  Does it make sense for me to upload these into the eServices CAPF 120 system as historical awards to update my eServices record?  I'm wondering if that just updates my record, or if it triggers a record for the whole unit (of which I'm not a member now, as I've moved to a different wing.)

Geber

Quote from: kwe1009 on March 28, 2018, 01:29:14 PM
For ribbons, the member has to put them in and then the unit CC approves.  If are are talking about awards like the Commander's Commendation then you can put them in.  Just make sure that you check the "historical" box and that you upload any supporting documentations (signed CAPF120, certificate, etc.).

Are you referring to getting ribbons that were awarded on paper into eservices? I think I know how to do that. Or are you referring to a member initiating a request for a new ribbon in eservices. I don't know how to do the latter.

kwe1009

Quote from: chuckmilam on March 29, 2018, 12:36:54 PM
I have a couple of Unit Citations from back in the day that show up in my paper records, but not in eServices.  Does it make sense for me to upload these into the eServices CAPF 120 system as historical awards to update my eServices record?  I'm wondering if that just updates my record, or if it triggers a record for the whole unit (of which I'm not a member now, as I've moved to a different wing.)

Unit citation are not tracked in eServices for individual members unfortunately.

Quote from: Geber on March 29, 2018, 01:14:55 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on March 28, 2018, 01:29:14 PM

Are you referring to getting ribbons that were awarded on paper into eservices? I think I know how to do that. Or are you referring to a member initiating a request for a new ribbon in eservices. I don't know how to do the latter.

Are you talking about service awards (Community Service, SAR, Disaster Relief, Command Service, etc) or awards (Achievement, Commander's Commendation, etc)?  The process is different depending on the type of award.  Awards that would be initiated on a CAPF120 are done in the Awards Recommendation module.  If it is a new recommendation then just fill out the form.  If it is for an award that was already given, fill out the form the same way, check the "historical box" and upload the supporting documentation.

For service awards, the only way to add them is to go to https://www.capnhq.gov/CAP.eServices.Web/MyAccount/Ribbons.aspx and click on the "Add Previously Authorized Ribbon" link.  Only the individual can do that.  There is not a way for the squadron CC or admin officer to do that.

chuckmilam

Quote from: kwe1009 on March 29, 2018, 05:02:06 PM
Unit citation are not tracked in eServices for individual members unfortunately.
Ah!  Ok, thank you.  Good to know.  I'll keep scanned copies of the award orders from NHQ/DP handy just in case I get one of those "prove it" requests. 

Baker

Just a question, do I need to input ribbons listed on my dd-214 or is the e-services link only for CAP ribbons?
Garett Baker
CAP 2LT
Former U.S. Army
Former C/2LT

kwe1009

Quote from: Baker on March 30, 2018, 01:50:07 AM
Just a question, do I need to input ribbons listed on my dd-214 or is the e-services link only for CAP ribbons?

CAP ribbons only.

Mela_007

Another problem I see with having the member input the ribbons is...having 12 year-olds having to enter their ribbons.  It should be something that either the member or the squadron Personnel Officer can input, then have the CC approve.  It's nice being able to track the ribbons, but not in making young members have to enter them.
"Worry is the Darkroom in which negatives develop."  -Unknown

kwe1009

Quote from: Mela_007 on April 08, 2018, 09:00:02 PM
Another problem I see with having the member input the ribbons is...having 12 year-olds having to enter their ribbons.  It should be something that either the member or the squadron Personnel Officer can input, then have the CC approve.  It's nice being able to track the ribbons, but not in making young members have to enter them.

Agreed.  I think the plan was to have a module for personnel officers and/or commanders to enter ribbons but it should have come out at the same time.  I'm not sure why the existing award module isn't used to add all ribbons.

MacGruff

I put in a ticket suggesting exactly that - that personnel officers be allowed to put in ribbons. It sat unanswered for several months and was eventually flushed during one of the periodic cleanings that IT does.

kwe1009

Quote from: MacGruff on April 09, 2018, 10:29:52 PM
I put in a ticket suggesting exactly that - that personnel officers be allowed to put in ribbons. It sat unanswered for several months and was eventually flushed during one of the periodic cleanings that IT does.

Good to know that I'm not the only one that happens to. 

Fubar

Quote from: kwe1009 on April 09, 2018, 11:17:59 PM
Quote from: MacGruff on April 09, 2018, 10:29:52 PM

Good to know that I'm not the only one that happens to.

You mean they have other options for the tickets we submit?