Main Menu

Fingerprint Card (FD258)

Started by GaryVC, June 06, 2017, 09:03:03 AM

Shieldel

Wow I'm late to this party...I help dad run his shop. Major Scheidle (my father) runs Livescan USA, with approximately 150+ locations in CA and 2 offices in NV. Our CA Offices transmit directly to CAL-DOJ while Nevada does strictly FBI Background Record Reviews (please note I'm not trying to advertise, just showing my background so what I say has credibility). Brad seems to have the topic in hand and I'm bumping this given it's a few days old but to confirm what others have said...

Fingerprints are not stored in the database, you have to get printed each time you go for a job. So say I get fingerprinted for XYZ company to work with Medicaid related matters (working with Medicaid insurance) then decide to go to ZYC Company, I must get printed for each company. And if you try to "re-submit" your old paperwork, it'll just kickback.
Formerly 2d Lt Michael D. Scheidle
Formerly Jack Schofield Cadet Squadron
Member of PCR-NV070, 069, 802 throughout my CAP Career
Former CAP Member 2011-2018

Fubar

I presume CAP, Inc. is passing the cards off to a law enforcement agency to have the fingerprints run through the system. I'd guess that's at least another reason why you can't submit the prints electronically to CAP's ORI.

PHall

Quote from: Fubar on June 12, 2017, 10:58:22 PM
I presume CAP, Inc. is passing the cards off to a law enforcement agency to have the fingerprints run through the system. I'd guess that's at least another reason why you can't submit the prints electronically to CAP's ORI.

The "Law Enforcement Agency" that CAP uses is some little known agency called the FBI. You may have heard of them.
The FBI does the checks for CAP on a non-priority, time available basis.

etodd

Quote from: PHall on June 13, 2017, 01:07:01 AM

That explains why I'm still here nearly 2 years after joining.

(Just joking! LOL)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

PHall

Quote from: etodd on June 13, 2017, 02:26:28 AM
Quote from: PHall on June 13, 2017, 01:07:01 AM

That explains why I'm still here nearly 2 years after joining.

(Just joking! LOL)

Tell us when the Black Van gets there. >:D