Is there a citizenship report in e-services?

Started by Holding Pattern, May 18, 2017, 04:09:59 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Mordecai on May 23, 2017, 07:58:01 PM
Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 23, 2017, 07:27:11 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on May 18, 2017, 04:20:26 AM
Not to my knowledge.

Once the application is processed and BGC is done, it's really no one's business, unless it's needed
for an EYE-ACE trip or a BGC on a military base, etc.

So...just did my first CAPWATCH pull for a project I'm working on. The Membership file has Citizenship status as a column.

Edit - I'm still listed as an admitted Alien...guess I should let NHQ know I'm a US Citizen now.

I feel like an idiot for not checking CAPWATCH.

Thanks for the catch!

Purely coincidental. But as pointed out with my own example, confirm with member anyway, since NHQ wouldn't know of a status change.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Майор Хаткевич on May 23, 2017, 02:10:14 PM
Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on May 23, 2017, 12:59:45 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on May 22, 2017, 09:50:35 PM

I think it is still going on, but is more restrictive. There is an age limit (18, I think), so that might have been the issue for the chiropractor.

Personal experience suggests that the age limit might be as low as 14.  That's the age at which you have to provide a full set of fingerprints for green card applications.

Reading the thread confirms my own experience: it's almost always 'individual experiences may vary' depending on when, where and the exact circumstances.

IIRC, 18 is the age cut off for getting citizenship by way of parents. Once a person isn't a minor, they need to do their own process. My mother and I became citizens on the same day, but had to do the paperwork separately due to me being 19 at the time.

It's not quite as simple as that. A lot depends on placevof birth, residence of parents before child's birth, how long the patent(s) were in the US, military or government status of the parents, date of birth of the child (for cut off dates), date of parents naturalization if applicable, whether one or both parents must be US citizens, etc etc.

It's literally case by case, following a cascading sort of flow chart process. The way I qualified required my birth to have been between 1952 and 2001, and both parents had to be naturalized before I turned 18 - but I could apply for the certificate st any age. Newer programs only required one parent to be naturalized.

It can get complicated.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on May 25, 2017, 01:56:30 AM

It can get complicated.
..and that, my friend, is the point I was trying to make...you simply said it more succinctly!!   ;D ;D

If you really want to see a 'mare's nest,' bring dual citizenship into the discussion....   >:D

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Brit_in_CAP on May 26, 2017, 08:11:56 PM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on May 25, 2017, 01:56:30 AM

It can get complicated.
..and that, my friend, is the point I was trying to make...you simply said it more succinctly!!   ;D ;D

If you really want to see a 'mare's nest,' bring dual citizenship into the discussion....   >:D

Dual citizenship? That's a cakewalk! I have THREE!

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.