Armed Forces Vacation Club

Started by Ohioguard, June 03, 2007, 12:46:12 AM

Ohioguard

Did you know that you could use the services of the Armed Forces Vacation club.  Members of the military and their auxiliary are eligible.

You are eligible to participate in the Armed Forces Vacation Club if you are 21 or older and a:

* Member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS; active duty, and both active and inactive Reserve, Auxiliarist, and National Guard) or an adult dependent
    * Retired Member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS, Reserve, Auxiliarist and National Guard)
    * Spouse or child (21 or older) of an active or retired member of the United States Uniformed Services (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, NOAA, USPHS, Reserve, Auxiliarist and National Guard) AND have a current DD Form 1173, United States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card.
    * Civilian employee of the DoD or a United States Uniformed Service (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired).
    * Foreign exchange service member on permanent duty with the DoD
    * American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
    * DoD Dependent School teacher
    * Disabled American Veteran rated @ 100% with a valid United States Uniformed Services Identification Card.
    * Contractor working on a military installation and in possession of an ID card issued by the installation.

I have used this service several times, I am retired AF, and used it for my family members.  A weeks stay for only $299.

Take a look at their web site:  www.afvclub.com.

Enjoy.

JEFFREY C WANDELL, Lt Col, CAP

Eclipse

hmmm....not sure how to go on this.

A little Googling shows that this is basically an arm of a large time-share outfit trying to
rent properties for weeks otherwise not booked, an interesting business plan.

Going direct to the same places w/o the military mojo shows prices that are a LOT higher.

Based on their "eligibility requirements" its not exactly the most exclusive club in town, but on the other hand
if you're able to travel last minute, $299 isn't bad for week's lodging, though most vacation clubs and travel agencies can book whole vacations with airfare in that range for people who can fly stand-by, last minute, etc.

Anyone actually used them?

"That Others May Zoom"

shorning

Quote from: Eclipse on June 03, 2007, 01:46:51 AM
Anyone actually used them?

I used them once on a trip to Florida.  We were pleased with our accommodations.

Ohioguard

I have used them several times.  Never disappointed.  You can book out months in advance.  A portion of the money goes back to a base MWR of your choice.

Take some time and look at your choices.  Some world class resorts, world wide.

As you noted, these are unbooked time shares.  As a member of the AFVC, you are not obligated to attend any time share meetings at the properties.  I have never felt pressured to attend sales meeting.

This very well could be a great benefit for our membership.

mikeylikey

hmmm....they (the RR, LLC) owns 56 separate condo "deal" clubs.  I checked three destinations with 5 separate clubs including the armed forces one.  The Idaho RR club actually beats Armed Forces club by $75.00!!  This is a nationwide scam agency operated out of NJ!  They cater to special interest groups (i.e., retired, nature lover, armed forces, railroad etc..) offering the same locations at different prices for each.  I reccomend not using them!  And please.......lets not advertise on this board!  We all get enough of that all day long.
What's up monkeys?

Ohioguard

This was never meant as an advertisement.  The AFVC is in fact available to all military through their respective ITT.

I just put this out so that our membership might find it useful and maybe a benefit in their auxiliary status.

You know, I have been reading this board since it's beginning, but rarely post, now I remember why.

Have a great day.