Main Menu

CAP on Google Images

Started by ELTHunter, May 26, 2007, 02:27:41 PM

ELTHunter

Was just looking around on the internet for CAP photos and stumbled on this google site that links to a bunch of CAP images.  Thought some of you might be interested.

http://images.google.com/images?q=civil+air+patrol+photos&ndsp=20&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&rls=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-31,GGLJ:en&start=0&sa=N

What's the deal with the 7-6 Air Cav Squadron (www.7-6aircav.com) link on page 6.  Is it no wonder we are sometimes called posers and pretenders?
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170
Deputy Commander of Cadets
Emergency Services Officer

Flying Pig

Its odd that the patch says nothing about CAP....And 7-6?  Ive never even seen a Sq # look like that.

ELTHunter

Quote from: ELTHunter on May 26, 2007, 02:27:41 PM
What's the deal with the 7-6 Air Cav Squadron (www.7-6aircav.com) link on page 6.  Is it no wonder we are sometimes called posers and pretenders?

I just happened to think of something, I doubt it's the case but wanted to say it any way.  I suppose the name could memorialize some fighting unit or something, in which case I retract may statement about posers, etc.
Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170

Chaplaindon

They are so named because they are hosted by the "7th of the 6th Air Cavalry" of the USAR (an AH-64 unit) at that unit's flight facility.
Rev. Don Brown, Ch., Lt Col, CAP (Ret.)
Former Deputy Director for CISM at CAP/HQ
Gill Robb Wilson Award # 1660
ACS-Chaplain, VFC, IPFC, DSO, NSO, USCG Auxiliary
AUXOP

ELTHunter

Maj. Tim Waddell, CAP
SER-TN-170