Main Menu

Consider The Source ...

Started by ColonelJack, May 21, 2007, 01:00:35 PM

ColonelJack

I know we should never, but never, take anything from News of the Force seriously.  But I found this, and wanted to share it ...

"Sources have told News of the Force this morning that Civil Air Patrol national commander Maj. Gen. Tony Pineda will resign from the office before the next meeting of the organization's Board of Governors (BoG).
    "How much do you want to bet that the CAP is going to say Pineda resigned 'to spend more time with his family?' A lot of people get into higher CAP offices and then re-discover family values," one of the sources said.
    According to a poll, nearly 95 percent of CAP members who were surveyed want Pineda out."

While I seriously doubt this will happen, what do you think?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

JC004

Hmm...not sure.  The poll thing stands out to me, though.  Isn't that the CAPBlog poll?  That's less than a scientific poll.  Heck, some wing king looking to be national commander is probably on there voting all the time...

Psicorp

General Courter sent out the minutes from the National Board Conference Call last week.  Included in the minutes was a comment from our National Commander stating that he has no intention of resigning, citing the same "news flash" from NOTF.

It would seem that the "unnamed source" in NHQ isn't so reliable.  Is anyone really surprised? 
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on May 21, 2007, 01:44:37 PM
General Courter sent out the minutes from the National Board Conference Call last week.  Included in the minutes was a comment from our National Commander stating that he has no intention of resigning, citing the same "news flash" from NOTF.

It would seem that the "unnamed source" in NHQ isn't so reliable.  Is anyone really surprised? 

Anything exciting in these minutes?

Psicorp

Quote from: JC004 on May 21, 2007, 02:20:14 PM

PM sent
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

ColonelJack

Hey, can I get a PM on that too?  Enquiring minds want to know ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

arajca

Include me also, if you would.

Thanks.

mikeylikey

Quote from: ColonelJack on May 21, 2007, 01:00:35 PM
I know we should never, but never, take anything from News of the Force seriously.  But I found this, and wanted to share it ...

"Sources have told News of the Force this morning that Civil Air Patrol national commander Maj. Gen. Tony Pineda will resign from the office before the next meeting of the organization's Board of Governors (BoG).
    "How much do you want to bet that the CAP is going to say Pineda resigned 'to spend more time with his family?' A lot of people get into higher CAP offices and then re-discover family values," one of the sources said.
    According to a poll, nearly 95 percent of CAP members who were surveyed want Pineda out."

Jack

What!!!  If this is true and he really resigns does that mean we have to start believing NOTF???
What's up monkeys?

smj58501

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 21, 2007, 04:54:29 PM
Quote from: ColonelJack on May 21, 2007, 01:00:35 PM

Jack

What!!!  If this is true and he really resigns does that mean we have to start believing NOTF???

Ancient Oriental Proverb- "A broken clock (assume analog) is still right twice a day"  :P
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

Pumbaa

I read that NOTF last week and almost posted about it.. But figured.. nahhhh....

Please PM me the minutes too.

LtCol White

He might come down with one of those soviet era "colds" LOL
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on May 21, 2007, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 21, 2007, 02:20:14 PM

PM sent

ty

PHall

Of course they will deny that he would be resigning. Especially if it were true.
And the fact that it was in News of the Force is an even bigger reason to deny it.
Since we all know how buddy buddy Tony and Skip are!

BillB

I think if you'all (I'm in the south) were officers and gentlemen, you should tell MGen Pineda that he's planning on resigning. I don't think he knows
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

PHall

Hey, I wasn't saying that it was true or not true.
I was just making the observation that this report would be denied as a matter of fact.

Pumbaa

So....

If TP does in fact NOT resign after the next meeting ya think NoTF will print a retraction?

I mean any 'reputable' news service would do that... right??????

lordmonar

Quote from: 2nd LT Fairchild on May 22, 2007, 09:40:02 AM
So....

If TP does in fact NOT resign after the next meeting ya think NoTF will print a retraction?

I mean any 'reputable' news service would do that... right??????

Well "reputable" news services give credit to the writers of their articles.  The also do "fact checking" before they print articles.

Since NoTF does neither of the things, I would not hold by breath on that retraction.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

BillB

SUBSCRIBE NOW to new publication.

NUDES OF THE FARCE All the news we can dig up or make up. Be first in your unit to get the latest rumors.
Read our automotive reviews of Black Vans
Download the latest papers you can submit for ACSC
Buy shares in a promising profit machine called Wing Bank Program, Guaranteed to have large profits
Buy shares of Vanguard, a real profit maker
And all this is FREE, subscribe now (no subscriptions accepted from lawyers)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on May 22, 2007, 11:57:12 PM

NUDES OF THE FARCE All the news we can dig up or make up. Be first in your unit to get the latest rumors.
Read our automotive reviews of Black Vans
Download the latest papers you can submit for ACSC
Buy shares in a promising profit machine called Wing Bank Program, Guaranteed to have large profits
Buy shares of Vanguard, a real profit maker
And all this is FREE, subscribe now (no subscriptions accepted from lawyers)

AWESOME!  Where do I sign up?!

LtCol White

Hey you forgot the "free shipping and delivery".

"all orders will be delivered next day free of charge via our black van courier service"

>:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

BillB

No free shipping. Standard shipping rate of $7. (have to follow the lead of Vangard)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Lancer

Quote from: BillB on May 22, 2007, 11:57:12 PM

NUDES OF THE FARCE

I was hoping someone else would parody that 'organization'... I've been thinking about creating a lampoon site just for fun and here is what I'd put on the main page of the 'site'.

(KEYBOARD WARNING: Do not drink liquids while reading below)

Quote from: Skews Of The Force
Taken from the front page of http://www.skewsoftheforce.org

SKEWS OF THE FORCE – Published by Drip Minger

Skews of the Force, tries to support our troops by cutting and pasting the activities and accomplishments of active duty service members of the U.S. armed forces, as reported by real news organizations. We also cut and paste news stories and spread rumors about the Civil Air Patrol/U.S. Air Force Auxiliary, and VERY RARELY the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, but only so we don't sound biased. Also included is news of the military reserves, the Army and Air National Guard, NOAA, the U.S. Public Health Service, and world military and conflict news because we can cut and paste that too. We also include stories about police and stories of rescues just so they don't feel left out either. Besides it makes our newsletter seem huge and important.

Carrying a torch? Have a nasty rumor? Send it to us at: skewsoftheforce@gheyohhell.com. You do not have to give us your name. If you do give us your name, your identity *might* be protected. For additional contact information, click on the "Spread Hate" button above.

I like to pretend I run a volunteer news organization since I have nothing better to do. SOTF is staffed by ex-CAP members and my personal friends who volunteer their time and meager talents and are stationed around the world, but mostly in Florida and Tennessee.

ALSO...

Be sure to visit our new sister organization, CrAP Insights, hosted by 'Play Hatin'

CrAP Insights takes our disdain of the Civil Air Patrol even farther by focusing only on finding anything Play can whine about (but mostly bashing the National Commander) through his brand new dentures. Check out those gruesome pictures on his other site if you get the chance, FASINATING stuff!

>:D

JC004

NIN

Yo, Mark, why you gotta be hatin', playah?

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Lancer

Quote from: NIN on May 23, 2007, 05:54:06 PM
Yo, Mark, why you gotta be hatin', playah?

...to bring balance to the 'Force'...

;D

floridacyclist

So if Col Levitch actually resigns now, do we really have to start believing NOTF? The last thing I saw on there that was accurate was the date...and it was even off by a couple.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Ohioguard

Check out the SER web site.  It has already changed.