Main Menu

Frog ice cubes?

Started by Dad2-4, April 21, 2011, 09:54:20 AM

Dad2-4

Why do I see a frog in an ice cube instead of images on many posts? ???

Al Sayre

Maybe it's what you're drinking? :o >:D
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

vento

Quote from: Dad2-4 on April 21, 2011, 09:54:20 AM
Why do I see a frog in an ice cube instead of images on many posts? ???

That happens when the author uses imageshack.us to host the pictures and for some reason is not working correctly.

Dad2-4

Is there anything I can do to remedy the problem. It seems I'm missing out on numerous images others post.

Eclipse

Example?

It should be a frog for everyone.

"That Others May Zoom"

Dad2-4

One example is your recent post, Eclipse, with the patch images. The only image I get is the frog ice cube telling me to register with imageshack.
As Vento said, "That happens when the author uses imageshack.us to host the pictures and for some reason is not working correctly."

Eclipse

Hmmm...

I'm not seeing that, looks fine in Chrome, and I tried in both IE & FF and logged out of CT & Imageshack and cleared my caches on those to.

Perhaps try clearing yours?

If the Imageshack links are broken, everyone should see the frog, but a few people have made comments on the insignia, so we know they
can see them.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Well crap.  Here I thought public affairs was going to get a frog in an ice cube and I was excited.  Oh well.

Dad2-4

Not seeing imageshack images on either IE or Chrome, on work computer or home.

Eclipse

Quote from: Dad2-4 on July 24, 2011, 11:21:36 AM

That's got to be some security setting, ad blocker or anti-virus deal, especially if you machines are similar across the locations.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

Quote from: Eclipse on July 24, 2011, 08:35:16 PM
Quote from: Dad2-4 on July 24, 2011, 11:21:36 AM

That's got to be some security setting, ad blocker or anti-virus deal, especially if you machines are similar across the locations.

That could be it.

A while ago I was travelling in China and I can't see anything from imageshack.us (I can only see the frog). They also block most social networks like Facebook. Even YouTube is blocked thru the country's firewall.

The minute you leave that country, everything is available once again on the very same computer.