Main Menu

Level 3 Approval level

Started by darkmatter, June 22, 2018, 11:42:22 AM

darkmatter

I am getting to complete my Senior level rating which is the last thing I'm missing for my level 3, when I submit for my Level 3 how high up does it have to go i.e. does it only need to make it to my squadron commander or does it need to go up the the wing commanders desk. f.y.i. there are no groups in my wing.

MSG Mac

Wing level for III and IV, Region for Level V
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

CAP_truth

Levels III, IV, and V are approved at the wing level. 
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Eclipse

Quote from: CAP_truth on June 22, 2018, 04:00:10 PM
Levels III, IV, and V are approved at the wing level.

CAPR 50-17, Page 23

"a. Application. Upon completion of all Level V professional development requirements,
the unit's PDO records the data on the member's CAPF 45. The unit PDO or unit commander
completes an application for the Wilson Award using the online Professional Development
Awards Module in eServices. This application will be forwarded through the chain of command
for approval by the wing and region commanders. When approved, NHQ/DPR forwards the
certificate to the wing commander for presentation at an appropriate ceremony. Ribbons are
purchased through Vanguard."

"That Others May Zoom"

darkmatter

thanks for the regs being include in the your response Eclipse

CAP_truth

All I know is that when my wing commander approves the level V it is recorded immediately in e-services.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Eclipse

Quote from: CAP_truth on June 23, 2018, 03:54:10 PM
All I know is that when my wing commander approves the level V it is recorded immediately in e-services.

Does he also have region level rights?

"That Others May Zoom"

CAP_truth

Yes Bob, but the previous wing commander didn't and got the same results.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Papabird

Quote from: CAP_truth on June 23, 2018, 03:58:58 PM
Yes Bob, but the previous wing commander didn't and got the same results.

My Wilson number was only issued after someone at Region HQ approved it.  No issue, just my experience from a month ago.
Michael Willis, Lt. Col CAP
Georgia Wing

CAP Guy

I have sent my paper work in for my level 3 to be approved 5 months ago.  have inquired of my commander and the commander has resent it multiple times.   not sure what to do. I dont want to jump the chain of command, but really frustrated.  any suggestions?

arajca

Check Eservices or have your PDO check. IIRC, when I submitted my Level V last year, it was through Eservices. No paper involved.

Eclipse

Quote from: arajca on August 21, 2018, 04:55:34 PM
Check Eservices or have your PDO check. IIRC, when I submitted my Level V last year, it was through Eservices. No paper involved.

+1 - if you sent paper, it's probably been round-filed.

If it went through eservices, someone is ignoring their queue.

"That Others May Zoom"

N6RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2018, 03:55:55 PM

I don't think it takes a Region commander to approve level 5.  It DOES take the Region commander to approve the LTC promotion that comes afterwards.

Eclipse

Quote from: Dwight Dutton on August 21, 2018, 06:02:15 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2018, 03:55:55 PM

I don't think it takes a Region commander to approve level 5.  It DOES take the Region commander to approve the LTC promotion that comes afterwards.

Region CC or designate must approve the Wilson Award / Level V.

"That Others May Zoom"

MacGruff

Quote from: CAP Guy on August 21, 2018, 04:41:30 PM
I have sent my paper work in for my level 3 to be approved 5 months ago.  have inquired of my commander and the commander has resent it multiple times.   not sure what to do. I dont want to jump the chain of command, but really frustrated.  any suggestions?

CAP Guy - Not sure why you sent paper. Please do it via eServices. It does not take anywhere near as long and no one can claim that it was "lost", either.

All your records will show up there anyways so it should be a simple matter for your PDO to verify that you met all the Level 3 requirements and click the button which will generate an entry in you squadron commander's queue. From there it goes to Group - if you are in a Wing that has Groups - and the Wing. That's as far as it goes for Level 3.

N6RVT

Quote from: Eclipse on August 21, 2018, 06:22:39 PM
Region CC or designate must approve the Wilson Award / Level V.

Which makes even more sense now that Level 5 is required for O5.  Only thing that doesn't line up now is that you need a national school for it.  Just like you need a region school for the wing promotion that comes before it.

CAP Guy

I have look into doing it in eservices, but cant find it.  possibly I dont have rights to It.  My PD guy couldnt find it either.

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member