the perfect meeting

Started by whatevah, February 16, 2005, 09:05:18 PM

whatevah

to both flight members, and flight/unit staff... what is your idea of a perfect unit meeting?
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin

Greg

Quote from: whatevah on February 16, 2005, 09:05:18 PM
to both flight members, and flight/unit staff... what is your idea of a perfect unit meeting?

A "perfect" meeting is one that:

* Accomplishes the agenda
* Runs smoothly
* Full Accountability
* Doesn't have boring classes, but has interactive activities that capture the interest of every cadet as well as all the prospective cadets.
* Lots of prospective cadets come and they all either join or get interested enough to come back
* Nobody gets hurt, unless they're an idiot and deserve it
* Flight commanders have some time to work with their flights
* Successful meeting hotwash
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Smitty

A perfect meeting would be one where
-Cadets show up on time
-The C/Officers are given respect by the cadets
-C/Brown doesn't show up
-Uniform inspections get done without me being there
-I can teach a class that I developed instead of having to teach the Level I orientation film to the cadets.
-The cadets can be allowed to do something other than just sit around.
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062
Juris Doctor Candidate, Touro Law Center

Greg

Quote from: Smitty on February 17, 2005, 06:42:43 AM
-C/Brown doesn't show up

Was he the person i almost violently murdered at RST?

Cmdbuddy

Quote from: Smitty on February 17, 2005, 06:42:43 AM
A perfect meeting would be one where
-Cadets show up on time
-The C/Officers are given respect by the cadets
-C/Brown doesn't show up
-Uniform inspections get done without me being there
-I can teach a class that I developed instead of having to teach the Level I orientation film to the cadets.
-The cadets can be allowed to do something other than just sit around.

Hmmm...

Sounds like some easily attainable goals.  First off, your Cadet Officers should be earning respect instead of demanding it. 

Why can't uniform inspections not be done without you there?  Has the staff not been properly trained?  What is your position in the squadron?

Level One to the cadets?  That sounds awfully boring.

Sitting around doing nothing?  Ever heard of a schedule?  When I was a Cadet Commander, I had a quarterly schedule put out in advance that broke everything down for each meeting.  Of course, the key to this is being flexible, but at least something was scheduled. 
Christie Ducote, Capt, CAP

Smitty

Inspections cannot be done without me there because the cadets in flight will just do as they will and ignore the C/CC. 

I am the Leadership Officer.

The Acting CDC decided that my classes that involved activities and role playing were not good for leadership classes.  Instead cadets must be taught word for word from the L2K text and watch the Level I video, which they will be tested on.   >:(

And the cadets no matter what position their position, age or grade are treated as little children incapable of handling themselves.  Because of this even the C/CC has little say in the activities done by the squadron and marginal say in the schedule.

And Mr. Boyajin, Brown was the kid you wanted to maim.
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062

SarDragon

Actually, if you do a little digging, it turns out that the "Level I" video is intended for both cadet and senior orientation. It is used in conjunction with CAPP 50-8 for the seniors and CAPP 50-9 for the cadets. Same video, different accompanying instructional text, based on audience.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Greg

Quote from: Smitty on February 17, 2005, 08:50:07 PMAnd Mr. Boyajin, Brown was the kid you wanted to maim.

Personally, if I was your CC, I'd be tempted to 2b him for extreme disrespect.  CAP isn't the chill club, and apparently brown still has to figure out that there's a difference between a CAP function and a night at the bar.  I'm glad I didn't have my knife there, because he'd be dead right now and I'd be in jail.

Smitty

Quote from: Greg on February 18, 2005, 03:55:39 AM

Personally, if I was your CC, I'd be tempted to 2b him for extreme disrespect.  CAP isn't the chill club, and apparently brown still has to figure out that there's a difference between a CAP function and a night at the bar.  I'm glad I didn't have my knife there, because he'd be dead right now and I'd be in jail.

I think he was relatively well behaved compared to how he usually is.  And nobody gets 2b'ed in my squadron.  And just think it only took him 6 months to make C/Amn.  He only stays because he has a huge crush on a certain female C/1st Lt.  The kid does have serious issues though.
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062

Yoda

Quote from: Smitty on February 18, 2005, 04:02:22 AM
Quote from: Greg on February 18, 2005, 03:55:39 AM

I think he was relatively well behaved compared to how he usually is.  And nobody gets 2b'ed in my squadron.  And just think it only took him 6 months to make C/Amn.  He only stays because he has a huge crush on a certain female C/1st Lt.  The kid does have serious issues though.
Well, better that than him having a huge crush on a certain male C/1st Lt.  I guess there's a bright side to everything.

Smitty

It's not a bright side for me.  I have known that C/1st Lt since she was 13.  She is a close friend of the family and I tend to be very protective of her.  And he is a social degenerate who has had the gall to bring cigars to a meeting and then offer me some.  They were cubans by the way.
Former TFO, CAP
Mitchell #51,062