Changing NCSA preference

Started by Walkman, March 16, 2014, 11:05:32 PM

Walkman

New CC question. I just got this email from a cadet:

QuoteI recently applied for both PJOC's, and now have found that the one with later date would suit me better. How can I switch my preference?

I'm totally new to the NCSA world, so I don't even know where to look up the answer.

HGjunkie

Application deadline was January 15th.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

Basically, you apply by the deadline, what you stated is it, and how it falls after that, is how it falls. 

PA Guy

Quote from: Walkman on March 16, 2014, 11:05:32 PM
New CC question. I just got this email from a cadet:

QuoteI recently applied for both PJOC's, and now have found that the one with later date would suit me better. How can I switch my preference?

I'm totally new to the NCSA world, so I don't even know where to look up the answer.
Has the cadet been accepted to either PJOC location?  Does he meet the age requirements for each site since they are different in both AZ and NM Does he have a reason other than "suit me better"?

If he has been accepted into PJOC is it the session he wants? If so you are home free. If not contact NHQ Cadet Programs. PJOC is a very popular activity and both sessions  may have already been completely filled. If he has a compelling reason he will have a better chance since they would have to re slot someone. There is also a lengthy waiting list of alternates.

You might want to check out the NCSA pages including the description of the slotting process on the NHQ/CP site.

Offutteer

Okay, several things here.  First, if your cadets checks the FAQs listed on the NCSAs.com web site, he'd see "CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY APPLICATION AFTER I HAVE SUBMITTED IT?"

The application deadline for the initial slotting was 15 January, but cadets can continue to apply to activities after that.

Since we know that there is a great demand for PJOC and that the initial slotting has completed, all of the slots would be filled, so NHQ couldn't do much. 

So, if your cadet has been slotted to the one that isn't convenient, he could ask the Activity Director if he could switch.  If he wasn't selected for either, than he could change his preferences, so that the more convenient PJOC was listed first, but that wouldn't prevent the other from picking him up if they had an opening.  I'd say convenient or not, if you get a chance, GO.