Wright brothers test

Started by weisguy, March 14, 2012, 01:18:55 AM

weisguy

My squadron uses L2K tests and I am a L2L cadet. Studying my book is absolutly useless because half the stuff on the test is not in there. Can someone please help me find a good study guide on the L2K book so I dont fail again.
Brandon S. Flowers, C/SSgt, CAP
Element Leader, GLR-OH-156

Extremepredjudice

I think your squadron is supposed to have both tests.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SarDragon

[rethinking this]

Never mind.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Extremepredjudice

Judging by the fact once you become a L2L cadet, you can't go back. They should have both types.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

a2capt

Tell the TCO to click on the "Administration" section of the "Cadet Online Testing" section in eServices.

There they will find PDFs that can be printed.

... better yet, you should be taking them online anyway- and only need to do the Wright Brothers, Mitchell and Earhart tests at the unit.

Sounds like someone is making up their own rules.

...and don't get me started, if someone is saying you can not test online and must do it at the unit.

If your join date is after 31-June, 2010. You are supposed to be on Learn to Lead. If you started prior you have a choice of switching. But you'd have the right books. So that's not the case.

As for those milestone tests I mentioned, all the TCO needs to do is request they be sent to the unit, from NHQ, and they will send to the official address of record.

ßτε

Quote from: a2capt on March 14, 2012, 07:33:46 AM
Tell the TCO to click on the "Administration" section of the "Cadet Online Testing" section in eServices.

There they will find PDFs that can be printed.

... better yet, you should be taking them online anyway- and only need to do the Wright Brothers, Mitchell and Earhart tests at the unit.

Sounds like someone is making up their own rules.

...and don't get me started, if someone is saying you can not test online and must do it at the unit.

If your join date is after 31-June, 2010. You are supposed to be on Learn to Lead. If you started prior you have a choice of switching. But you'd have the right books. So that's not the case.

As for those milestone tests I mentioned, all the TCO needs to do is request they be sent to the unit, from NHQ, and they will send to the official address of record.
That doesn't work for the Wright Brothers test.

A senior member needs to request the L2L version (CAP Test 70) from NHQ.

a2capt

Isn't that what I said in the last line?

Cadet Stratton

Ok. So, I just took the wright brothers test tonight, and after I finished the test I noticed that the front of the test booklet was dated April 03. My Squadron Com. said that the test was still the right test though. Btw I did fail the test.

a2capt

Unless....

You joined prior to July 2010, and took your time to get this far ...

How did you take your last three Leadership tests? If you say online, it's the wrong test.

NC Hokie

Quote from: a2capt on July 12, 2012, 03:55:05 AM
How did you take your last three Leadership tests? If you say online, it's the wrong test.

If he says on paper, it could still be the wrong test...
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

a2capt

Ya know.. ;-)

That technicality occurred to me .. sometime in the middle of the night after I posted that .. why, a CAPTalk thread sticks in my mind .. I can't tell you. But. It. Did.

Anyhow, though I find anyone using paper tests so odd because my experience has been, sadly, when I find another TCO.. the things they don't know. Way more often than not, don't surprise me one bit.

EMT-83

... or decide to ignore the rules, even though they know the rules.

I recently had to send a "you will follow the rules" memo to a squadron that was making a cadet take the wrong tests.

Cadet Stratton

Quote from: NC Hokie on July 12, 2012, 11:30:23 AM

If he says on paper, it could still be the wrong test...
I took the previous tests online, and the Wright Bros. is a paper test.

Cadet Stratton

Unless....

You joined prior to July 2010, and took your time to get this far ...

I joined in Nov. 2011.

a2capt

2011, then that one dated 2006 is absolutely the Wrong Test.

You do not have Leadership materials entitled Leadership 2000, but rather Learn to Lead. The TCO needs to get the right test(s). How many others have had to take that thing?

Ugh.

See? Another TCO .. and the things they don't know.

I'm somewhat frustrated that NHQ didn't just send materials to each Cadet or Composite unit, or even a big fluorescent post card addressed to the unit commander and TCO saying "Hey, call us, get new tests!" We had to call one by one to get them it seemed.

Eclipse

Quote from: a2capt on July 12, 2012, 03:58:15 PM
2011, then that one dated 2006 is absolutely the Wrong Test.

Wow!  And a 1/2.

"That Others May Zoom"

C/Haughey

As someone who recently had the same issue, all I can say is from now on, test online. Have your CC approve the promotions on eServices and then when it comes to Milestones, make sure they give you the right test. If they do not, hand back and ask for the right one. If they say they don't have it, ask for them to get it.

PS: You can take Milestones at other squadrons/activities so long as there is a Testing Officer there. That's how I took my Wright Bros.
C/2nd Lt Haughey
Cadet Commander, 089th MACS

C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Cadet Commander, FL-20056

a2capt

* With your commander's approval, at another unit.. or your TCO may do it for you elsewhere, like I will let them come during color guard practices, or other weekend things to do PT, tests, etc., and even meet at other times if need be.

MSG Mac

All MILESTONE Tests are paper. with the exception of the Spaatz which is 1/2 online (essays directly linked to NHQ), PT test administered by the State Director.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

EMT-83

State Directors are going the way of the dodo bird; Spaatz testing is being shifted around.