New Corporate Uniform

Started by mikeylikey, March 07, 2006, 09:22:30 PM

merlin0085

Quote from: Viper on March 23, 2006, 09:39:19 PM
Quote from: shorning on March 22, 2006, 01:54:39 AM

On a side note to the tangent...anyone have a source better than Vanguard for the field uniform?  I'm finally fed up that they can not get me my order.  I'm looking around and have found a few places, but I wondering what others have found.  Of course, I could just go to clothing sales and buy some woodlands...

Just a thought:  Is there a Goast Guard Uniform place near you?  IIRC, it's the same uniform as the CAP DBFU.

The only thing that the CG wears that CAP can wear is trops, even those are a bit different (fabric, etc.) ODUs don't look like BBDUs... I don't know what DBFUs are...
Stew Sibert

shorning

Quote from: MIKE on March 23, 2006, 09:50:35 PM

On a side note to the tangent...anyone have a source better than Vanguard for the field uniform?  I'm finally fed up that they can not get me my order.  I'm looking around and have found a few places, but I wondering what others have found.  Of course, I could just go to clothing sales and buy some woodlands...

Just a thought:  Is there a Goast Guard Uniform place near you?  IIRC, it's the same uniform as the CAP DBFU.

The Operational Dress Uniform (ODU) is definitely NOT the same uniform as the CAP Field Uniform.

At least not until CAP decides we should tuck in our shirts.  Hey...they've made sillier changes.

merlin0085

Quote from: shorning on March 23, 2006, 09:57:16 PM

The Operational Dress Uniform (ODU) is definitely NOT the same uniform as the CAP Field Uniform.

At least not until CAP decides we should tuck in our shirts.  Hey...they've made sillier changes.

Hah, I'm hoping that the CG will do away with that. I understand the reason is that we don't want to get sucked into machinery while underway, but it makes us look like car mechanics and most people deblouse underway anyways...
Stew Sibert

MIKE

Quote from: merlin0085 on March 23, 2006, 09:53:38 PM
The only thing that the CG wears that CAP can wear is trops, even those are a bit different (fabric, etc.) ODUs don't look like BBDUs... I don't know what DBFUs are...

UDC says the S/S and L/S light blue shirts are same material and color as the Air Force light blue shirts.  Go look at one of yours for Trops and SDB Bravo and see if it even has the USAF certification on it.  I was gonna have my shirts pull double duty once I cut the wing patches off 'em.

Other stuff that is common to USAF and USCG are the pullover and cardigan sweaters and the male lightweight blue jacket.
Mike Johnston

Nick

Quote from: MIKE on March 23, 2006, 10:17:21 PM

UDC says the S/S and L/S light blue shirts are same material and color as the Air Force light blue shirts.  Go look at one of yours for Trops and SDB Bravo and see if it even has the USAF certification on it.  I was gonna have my shirts pull double duty once I cut the wing patches off 'em.

Other stuff that is common to USAF and USCG are the pullover and cardigan sweaters and the male lightweight blue jacket.

I thought the trousers/slacks, dress belt, and garrison cap were the same as AF too?
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

MIKE

Quote from: mclarty on March 24, 2006, 01:25:25 AM
I thought the trousers/slacks, dress belt, and garrison cap were the same as AF too?

Nope... Different shade of blue... I think the back pockets on the trousers have a different sort of button closure on 'em also.  For a time USAF trousers were authorized as a temporary thing though IIRC... Also USCG belts are black with brass hardware... CGAux belts are black with silver/chrome hardware... And I think the garrison cap is a somewhat different style than the USAF one, aside from being a different shade.
Mike Johnston

Viper

Sorry, I thought it was.  At least that's how it looks on TV.

I saw a Coast Guarsdman in the AAFES MCSS on Andrews AFB checking out the Lightweight Blues Jacket, and I thought then that he could wear them.

merlin0085

Quote from: Viper on March 24, 2006, 02:53:28 AM

Just a thought:  Is there a Coast Guard Uniform place near you?  IIRC, it's the same uniform as the CAP DBFU.

Sorry, I thought it was.  At least that's how it looks on TV.

UDC says the S/S and L/S light blue shirts are same material and color as the Air Force light blue shirts.  Go look at one of yours for Trops and SDB Bravo and see if it even has the USAF certification on it.  I was gonna have my shirts pull double duty once I cut the wing patches off 'em.

I saw a Coast Guarsdman in the AAFES MCSS on Andrews AFB checking out the Lightweight Blues Jacket, and I thought then that he could wear them.

OK, maybe I overgeneralized a tad bit. The blue shirts are the same. Mike was right about that, they do have AF certification on them. The garrisons, trou, SDB jackets, etc are different. I couldn't find anything AF certified on my lightweight blues jacket, but as far as I can tell it's the same thing the AF uses... maybe just a slightly different shade of blue. Thanks for catching that.
Stew Sibert

mmouw

The CG Aux can wear USAF blue pants and jacket. The flight cap is the same as the enlisted air force. With the lack of supplies, they have allowed these minor exceptions. I am in the Aux and use my CAP/AF pants with my shirt for the Aux. When you start to look at the different uniforms like the winter dress blues, and the service dress they are a different shade of blue.

The Aux has many different uniforms as well. However, there is only one civilian uniform and it resembles the blue golf shirt with grey slacks. All of the other uniforms are military. Since there is no weigth requirements they perfer that you wear the CG uniform. The only condition is to wear it with pride. What each person brings to the table means more to the Aux than I think it does to CAP. They don't harp on you with uniform standards( the uniform must be clean and serviceable).

With the drop in membership, due to the security clearance requirement, they are happy to be able to perform their misson and look good while doing so.

Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

MIKE

What Auxies do and what the AUXMAN says is often vastly different... Especially concerning uniforms.  I learned this rather quickly upon joining.

Quote from: AUXILIARY MANUAL COMDTINST M16790.1FG.9.a. Trousers Trousers shall be the same as those prescribed for Service Dress Blue uniform.

Quote from: AUXILIARY MANUAL COMDTINST M16790.1FG.3.b. Trousers The trousers shall be of conventional plain design with no cuff and of the same
material and color as the coat. Air Force trousers will not be worn with the Coast
Guard Auxiliary uniform.
Mike Johnston

Major_Chuck

If anyone gets a chance or feels willing to have their photograph taken in our new uniform please do and post it.  I would be interested to see what it looked like not against a dark background.

Broke down and ordered the AF style epaulets.  Now to go and order the name badge.  Might as well get a new shirt while I am at it.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Pylon

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 28, 2006, 04:47:41 AM
If anyone gets a chance or feels willing to have their photograph taken in our new uniform please do and post it.  I would be interested to see what it looked like not against a dark background.

Broke down and ordered the AF style epaulets.  Now to go and order the name badge.  Might as well get a new shirt while I am at it.

I'll probably have a picture for you by the end of the week or so.  I already have the USAF shouldermarks, and the nameplate is on order.  Hopefully I won't be the only one posting "wear-test" photos, though.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Nick

Quote from: Pylon on March 28, 2006, 05:13:41 PM
I'll probably have a picture for you by the end of the week or so.  I already have the USAF shouldermarks, and the nameplate is on order.  Hopefully I won't be the only one posting "wear-test" photos, though.  ;)

Aw Mike, if you're shy about being the only one showing off the new geddup, I'll go buy a pair of AF epaulets, dig out my old cadet nameplate, and throw the uniform together for a picture.  It won't be 100% within reg (3-line instead of 2-line nameplate), but pretty farkin' close for picture effect.
Nicholas McLarty, Lt Col, CAP
Texas Wing Staff Guy
National Cadet Team Guy Emeritus

Major_Chuck

Quote from: Pylon on March 28, 2006, 05:13:41 PM
Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 28, 2006, 04:47:41 AM

Tell you what, since it was my suggestion I'll post my photo when my stuff comes in.  The shoulder marks are supposed to be being shipped from Vanguard and I just ordered the name badge.

-chuck
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

arajca

So we can expect to see you around...Memorial Day? ;D

shorning

Quote from: arajca on March 30, 2006, 05:43:32 AM

Of 2007...

Major_Chuck

Quote from: shorning on March 30, 2006, 06:11:34 AM
Quote from: arajca on March 30, 2006, 05:43:32 AM

Of 2007...

Oh I have a little more confidence in Vanguard now....I would say you're going to see me around Presidents Day 2007.   ;D
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS

Eclipse

1800nametapes got me the nametag in 1 day, I found the epaulets on ebay and recieved the in two - both via USPS.

So no excuses on long-turn around, and no specific reason to use Vanguard.

"That Others May Zoom"

Pylon

Quote from: Eclipse on March 30, 2006, 04:30:06 PM
1800nametapes got me the nametag in 1 day...

Did you pay for expedited shipping?  I ordered mine earlier this week and hasn't seen hide nor tail or it yet.  Not that I expected overnight turnaround, but it just surprised me that yours came so quickly.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Eclipse

I ordered them on a whim.  Our "big" meeting is the first of the month, and I was hoping to have them for next Tuesday.

I asked the eBay guy to bust a move, but just pushed the nameplate through the website.  No one is more shocked than me on the quick turn-around.

"That Others May Zoom"