New Army Uniform Announced

Started by DNall, August 25, 2008, 10:41:37 AM

Whocares

Quote from: NAYBOR on August 30, 2008, 11:43:44 PM
"Branch Immaterial" and "Public Affairs" use Teal Blue with yellow piping.

Teal blue with white is branch immaterial. 

Sergeant Major of the Army has no color assigned.  In fact AR 670-1 does not even make mention of E-9s using any branch color since enlisted personnel do not wear branch color.  Even on the mess dress, enlisted wear dark blue lapels, chaplains black, general officers dark blue, and all other officers the first listed color on page 249 of AR 670-1. 

AlphaSigOU

All this mention of Army branch colors remind me of the WWII German Waffenfarbe;D Their system to distinguish combat arms/branches was quite complicated. Even the Luftwaffe and the Waffen SS got in on their own complicated Waffenfarbe system. The Kriegsmarine (navy) wisely kept it simple - as far as I can remember they didn't use Waffenfarbe.

Thank God Ma Blue never implemented one...  :D ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on September 01, 2008, 01:15:58 PM
All this mention of Army branch colors remind me of the WWII German Waffenfarbe;D Their system to distinguish combat arms/branches was quite complicated. Even the Luftwaffe and the Waffen SS got in on their own complicated Waffenfarbe system. The Kriegsmarine (navy) wisely kept it simple - as far as I can remember they didn't use Waffenfarbe.

Thank God Ma Blue never implemented one...  :D ;D

Ma Blue doesn't have branches.

I wore the green and gold of the Military Police on my set of blues.  The area I lived in was Engineer-heavy, with two battalions and a brigade hq within 20 miles.  Lots of scarlet epaulets.  Two or three Infantry Blue from the NG company in Bowling Green, and sometimes a Cavalry buff yellow from the Cleaveland-area 107th ACR.  Add in some color-of-dried-blood medics, and you would have a very colorful and festive assortment of rank devices and sleeve lace!
Another former CAP officer

alamrcn

Orientation flights on military aircraft are high-speed, you get me Cadets?

WE GET YOU, SIR!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Now back to the real new Army uniforms...

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

O-Rex

As for the jacket & tie combo, I don't see it being worn a whole lot in day-to-day duty, not even in the pentagon, which I understand has gone to "warfighter uniforms," i.e., ACU's, ABU's & Marpats  (chime in, active-duty folks)  I don't think the braid & insignia would stand up to daily wear (Dress Blue Officer bling is Expen$ive!)  Those of you who remember the "deluxe" bullion bling, forget it!

One thing does come to mind: the only use for Army Officer's full-color metal pin-on is for Berets and Windbreakers/Overcoats, right?

Full-color patches will probably become collectors items in 20 years. . . .

SJFedor: is that still photo from SST3??

DNall

Quote from: O-Rex on September 02, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
As for the jacket & tie combo, I don't see it being worn a whole lot in day-to-day duty, not even in the pentagon, which I understand has gone to "warfighter uniforms," i.e., ACU's, ABU's & Marpats  (chime in, active-duty folks)  I don't think the braid & insignia would stand up to daily wear (Dress Blue Officer bling is Expen$ive!)  Those of you who remember the "deluxe" bullion bling, forget it!

One thing does come to mind: the only use for Army Officer's full-color metal pin-on is for Berets and Windbreakers/Overcoats, right?
yeah metal grade would would only be for berets & alternate jackets (windbreaker, raincoat, etc). And yes, full color patches go away.

Utility uniforms are worn at work in Washington now - following the example of the Army policy. It's still not an everyday thing, and it's not appropriate for a lot of situations. Longer-term, as we ramp back down from war, we'll return to wearing Class A/B for office environments.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

This uniform is just plain ugly and screams JROTC.

JAFO78

Its so bad, That I can't stop laughing to post a comment.

ROFLMAO.
JAFO

NIN

Quote from: Rob Goodman on November 20, 2008, 04:53:53 PM
Its so bad, That I can't stop laughing to post a comment.

ROFLMAO.

I was at AUSA two years ago when they rolled out "Army Strong!" and let me just say that a certain fellow member of mine who is an SFC in Afghanistan at the moment, used the phrase "Army Gay!" to describe his feelings about "Army Strong!"

So much so that there is a poster to that effect that I cannot share publicly.

;)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

D2SK

I'm really thankful for this CAP relevant and informative message thread.  ::)
Lighten up, Francis.

Pylon

Quote from: D2SK on November 20, 2008, 06:54:04 PM
I'm really thankful for this CAP relevant and informative message thread.  ::)

It is distantly related in that members who wish to wear a more military-style-cut white shirt with the CSU can probably use this new Army shirt once produced.  It's also interesting to note the creation of new military uniforms (and specifically what direction theirs has taken) while our uniforms are also in a state of flux.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

Correct... and, correct.

The shirt will be avail March 2009 from Marlow White. Right now they're recommending temporary use of the same shirts we're using. I would almost promise you the Army white shirt will become the CAP standard, either officially or unofficially, shortly thereafter.

It is also interesting to note the degree of out-o-control bling the Army let onto even the class B version. It makes it harder to justify keeping CAP's bling obsessed under control.

It's also an almost 3 month old thread, so drive on.

JayT

Quote from: DNall on November 20, 2008, 09:00:57 PM
Correct... and, correct.

The shirt will be avail March 2009 from Marlow White. Right now they're recommending temporary use of the same shirts we're using. I would almost promise you the Army white shirt will become the CAP standard, either officially or unofficially, shortly thereafter.

Totally disagree.

Most Senior Members will likely not even know about the transition, nore will they be willing to buy a new shirt when the old commerical pilots style does just fine.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

DNall

I'm actually thinking we're going to mandate it with a several year transition period. Call it 2011-13, but that's a guess.

It doesn't matter that it's an Army shirt or not. The key is the quality & standardized cut that matches the blues shirt. Not trying to make anyone rush out and buy something new. Just replace it with this when that one wears out, and they do after a year or two. This is a great shirt coming out. I think most people will really like it.

D2SK

All you uniform weenies should love this.  It's just been announced but this URL will take you to the new CAP uniform for SMWOG.

http://tinyurl.com/5rdcyh
Lighten up, Francis.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Just screams Neidamyer (sp?) to me. Animal House for you younger ones out there

JAFO78

Quote from: D2SK on November 20, 2008, 10:45:02 PM
All you uniform weenies should love this.  It's just been announced but this URL will take you to the new CAP uniform for SMWOG.

http://tinyurl.com/5rdcyh

OK, OK. look you.....guys,,,,,have...to...stop..I can't...type..and...,while...wiping..the tears of joy...from...my eyes...(laugh) :clap:

Oh stop it please!!!!!!!!!!!!! rolling across floor, please stop....

I think I way have soiled my self.....please...stop....rolling across floor :o
JAFO

SJFedor

Quote from: O-Rex on September 02, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
SJFedor: is that still photo from SST3??

Believe it's from the original, on the first major drop on Klendathu.

And now that I sound like a total nerd....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)