stratoflyer

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

O-Rex

Here's the full-blown website.

Caution: may cause dizziness and slight nausea

http://www.army.mil/asu/

JohnKachenmeister

What is the branch color of Military Intelligence?  It looks like the female captain is wearing Infantry Blue shoulder epaulets, but is wearing MI lapel brass.
Another former CAP officer

MIKE

Maybe she is Moblie Infantry?  ;D
Mike Johnston

alamrcn

Quote from: MIKE on August 28, 2008, 02:40:17 PM

YES, YES, YES!!! Go get ST3 now, they have some new uniforms and new weapons!

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

bosshawk

Kach: the branch color for MI is Teal Blue.  It is not too far off the Infantry blue, but it is different.  I wore it for 26 of my 30 years.  Wore the Brick Red of Transportation for the other four years.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

O-Rex

Quote from: alamrcn on August 28, 2008, 03:55:22 PM

Color is actually Teal blue with silver-gray piping (gotta look real close.)

ST3: they ALSO have Jolene Blalock (T'Pol of Enterprise fame,) oh yeah!

Also, I imagine the the "After-six" formal uniform wear rules would still apply, i.e., no headgear with the dress uniform to social functions after retreat (6 P.M.)  I mean, really: Beret and bow-tie is just wrong.  And if the uniform is worn as formalwear, no bloused jump-boots (?)  Bloused boots and bow-tie is even more wrong.

Whocares

Quote from: O-Rex on August 28, 2008, 04:23:41 PM
Also, I imagine the the "After-six" formal uniform wear rules would still apply, i.e., no headgear with the dress uniform to social functions after retreat (6 P.M.)  I mean, really: Beret and bow-tie is just wrong.  And if the uniform is worn as formalwear, no bloused jump-boots (?)  Bloused boots and bow-tie is even more wrong.

6pm is not a hard time.  It is based on the base commander.  I have seen 1700, 1730, and 1800.

dwb

Quote from: O-Rex on August 28, 2008, 12:27:46 PM
Here's the full-blown website.

Caution: may cause dizziness and slight nausea

http://www.army.mil/asu/

It looks like a carnival game.  Whack-a-Uniform. ;D

This is my favorite line from that web site: "Senior Army Leaders pulsed the force for more than two years..."  I imagine that started to hurt after a while.  How exactly does one pulse the force, anyway?

MIKE

Say what you will about Vista, but the Snipping Tool pwns.

Mike Johnston

356cadet

stratoflyer

LOL! LOL!! very funny!

Whack a uniform!! HOOAH!!!
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

PHall

Semi Off Topic

According to the Air Force Print News, GEN Swartz, the new AF CoS has decided to postpone any decisions on the new Service Dress jacket until 2010. He wants to get the ABU's and the PT Uniform problems fixed before they start dealing with the new Service Dress jacket.

Isn't that refreshing, somebody who actually has their priorities straight! :clap:

DNall

One uniform over another is priorities right? As opposed to maybe fixing that jacked up tanker competition? It's a good call, but "priorities" is not the word I would have used there.

m981

Empires in decline always seem to compensate by going more comic opera in the uniform dept. Russia had swell ones in Feb. '17 and Aug. '91.
LTC. CAP
Spaatz
Wilson

DNall

Freankin yankee communist... just kidding!!! Guess CAP is screwed then.  :P

BuckeyeDEJ

I'm glad to see the Air Force reining in its uniform madness a little. Seems to me that the security of our nuclear assets and getting the KC-X competition right would be more important than backtracking on the McPeak uniform. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Probably says a lot about the previous leadership, to have taken its eye off the ball like that. The new chief of staff seems to have his priorities straight, and that's a darned good thing.

Leave the service uniform alone. It's just fine. In fact, it's what the Army conceptualized for a separate Air Force. The money wasted on uniform prototypes could have been spent on badly needed equipment, or maybe to pay a couple of officers who took a buyout.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

NAYBOR

Just a correction, since it was broached in this thread:

MI's colors ar ORIENTAL blue with "silver-gray piping".

"Branch Immaterial" and "Public Affairs" use Teal Blue with yellow piping.  They are the only two branches that are known to still use the "Teal Blue" representing "Branch Immaterial" along with the Command Sergeant Major.

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: O-Rex on August 28, 2008, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: alamrcn on August 28, 2008, 03:55:22 PM

Color is actually Teal blue with silver-gray piping (gotta look real close.)

ST3: they ALSO have Jolene Blalock (T'Pol of Enterprise fame,) oh yeah!

My mistake.  It looked like Infantry Blue in the pic.

Actually, I figured there was no branch color at all to MI, since nobody else has a need-to-know...   ::)

Fixed quote - MIKE
Another former CAP officer

bosshawk

Interesting!!! I guess that they changed the name of the blue since I retired 21 years ago.  I transferred to MI when it became a separate branch (actually called Army Intelligence and Security in those days) and I am pretty sure that the blue was called Teal.  Oh well!!!!
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777