Main Menu

Flight Suit Wear

Started by Pylon, January 02, 2008, 03:30:54 AM

DNall

Pace

Quote from: Carl C on February 15, 2008, 01:23:10 AM
I wasn't going to bother but the number of out-of-context asinine comments and personal attacks is utterly amazing.

I took exception to one who seems to think aircrew (aircrew - not pilot) wearing a flightsuit indicated said crew held the opinion of being "better" (a quote) than other members.     I also suggest that flightsuit wear was indeed a form of reward for making the effort of obtaining aircrew (aircrew - not pilot) rating.   I did mention that becoming a pilot also entailed considerable expense but the gist of my comments refer to AIRCREW (aircrew - not pilots) as in Observer and Scanner as well as pilots.   I suggest the wear of BDU type is (or at least should be) along the same line a sort of reward for earning ground team rating.   I used the word "better" in reference to those who make the effort to achieve more than the general run-of-the-mill member.  I even specified that DID NOT imply personally "better."   etc, etc, etc....
Let's see...   oh yes.   "Cadet" is an entirely proper form of address.   For a cadet to presume to direct, limit, order and/or instruct an adult and senior member is, in my humble opinion - rather rude.
Take your shots...have a good time.   There's nothing of value here.     Mr. dcpacemaker, CAPTalk Moderator
Dark S'Member Lord (whatever that is), feel free to delete any and all trace of my posted opinion as well as my login information.   What a waste of time...

No, Sir.  I took nothing out of context, and I have no intention of deleting anything or locking this thread (at this point). Just to be fair, here's your post I quoted with the post you quoted/responded to (with emphasis to specific portions of your post):
Quote from: Carl C on January 28, 2008, 02:24:59 AM
Quote from: mikeylikey on January 02, 2008, 06:35:15 AM

Why do rated members get a flight suit to wear when not flying and and everyone else is in BDU's?  So basically, your better than everyone else if your a pilot, and you have a need to differentiate yourself from those around you?  (not you personally.)  What is an AE activity?  Would that be an Aerospace lesson to cadets?  So, the cadets are all in Blues or BDU's and you roll in wearing your bag.  Doesn't make sense.

As far as flight suits go, EVERYONE should be allowed to wear them.  Especially when I have seen hundreds of them sitting in DRMO's. 

"Rated" members get to wear flightsuits because they are rated...just like other aircrew, civil and military.
Why?  Because we are better.   Not in the personal sense but because we have spent the bucks (pilots) and did the work to achieve the rating.   Simple as that.   Want to wear the flightsuit?   Earn it.   Otherwise, BDU for you.
Which is exactly why some want to restrict us from wearing it...
It doesn't matter exactly how you meant you and other aircrew are better.  It matters only that your intent is that those who have "earned" the "right" to wear the flight suit are better than the "general run-of-the-mill member".  That screams of elitism.  I stand by my previous statement.

As for C/2d Lt Kim's comment, while it could have been written a little more direct in stating that your posts could have been done in a single post, as far as I can tell there was no definite way for C/2d Lt Kim to know that you are the ranking officer (or that you are even a current member of CAP) since you have no identifying information in your post.  Besides, the advice was sound, regardless of who gives it.  Your response with its demeaning connotation of this member's status as a cadet instead of the statement at face value is not necessary or (in my humble opinion) appropriate.
Lt Col, CAP