ABU's With Samples of CAP Insignia

Started by LtCol White, August 03, 2007, 03:18:13 PM

PaulR

I really like that insignia/uniform combo.  At least the tapes/rank are not on that eye blinding blue.

afgeo4

Quote from: Hawk200 on September 18, 2007, 01:43:00 AM
Quote from: ddelaney103 on September 16, 2007, 01:11:01 AM
I suspect he's talking about an Army Guard aviation unit putting the ACU subdued patches instead of the old BDU subdued patches on the flightsuit.  They look very different from each other.

You'd be correct. The different shades of green are very obvious when seen that way. The flightsuit is "sage", the green used on Army patches is "foliage". When it comes to the military, color coordination seems to be very important. (Most of the time.  ;D )
Usually in garrison. Every deployment I've seen from Desert Shield to OIF have been plagued by desert BDUs with woodland coats/rucks/tapes/helmet covers etc. I think the ACU has had a good effect on that... everyone seems pretty standardized now, for the most part.
The ABU is very similar in coloring to the ACU and all accessories to be used will be the ACU ones, so the colors should be matching or at least close. ABU just has some slate blue in it and the sage green boots (which Airmen can now wear with their BDUs and DCUs as well).
GEORGE LURYE

afgeo4

has anyone been able to either purchase or photoshop the standard ABU tiger stripe tapes with white lettering on them?
GEORGE LURYE