Senior ABUs at the Winter Command Council

Started by Nascar Jack, March 02, 2016, 04:29:05 PM

Nascar Jack

Was on Flickr checking out the pictures when I saw a two-star wearing the funky ABU and blue patch combo in an official event:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/civilairpatrol/24948046409/in/album-72157664982316892/

Is it official now? I thought this was a joke?

Гугл переводчик

The uniform is not official as of yet. CAP has approved it, and is currently pending USAF approval. And no it's not a joke. 

Also, the two star is Major General Vazquez, the National Commander.
Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

Nascar Jack

Wow. Will this be for cadets as well? Everyone was swearing up and down we wouldn't get ABUs until our grandkids were in the program.

Гугл переводчик

Former C/Maj., CAP
1st Lt., CAP
SrA, USAF                                           

vorteks

Judging by those pictures, the weight standards will be eliminated for the USAF-style uniforms as well.  :clap:

lordmonar

Quote from: varitec on March 02, 2016, 05:01:43 PM
Judging by those pictures, the weight standards will be eliminated for the USAF-style uniforms as well.  :clap:
Said the anonymous poster on CAP talk.   :(

With my calibrated Mark One Eyeball all those wearing ABUs appeared to be with in weight and grooming standards.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

NIN

If you're referrring obliquely to the Northeast Region Commander, then I'm here to tell you that I'm pretty sure, judging by my Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeball estimation about 45 days ago, in person, at a range of about 1 meter, that he's within weight standards.  I didn't get out a scale or a tape measure.

The absolute level of dis-respect people show toward our senior leadership on-line is outrageous.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Toth

Quote from: NIN on March 02, 2016, 05:50:52 PM

If you're referrring obliquely to the Northeast Region Commander, then I'm here to tell you that I'm pretty sure, judging by my Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeball estimation about 45 days ago, in person, at a range of about 1 meter, that he's within weight standards.  I didn't get out a scale or a tape measure.

The absolute level of dis-respect people show toward our senior leadership on-line is outrageous.

I completely agree, the double standard of absolute respect in person and total disrespect online is ridiculous, it's disrespect no matter where or when it's said.
SM Toth Mendius, CAP
C/CC RMR-MT-053 (ret.), RMR Ass't Rep NCAC (ret.)
Mitchell #65174, Earhart #17361
GES, ♦ICUT, ♦FLM, GTM3, UDF, SET, MS, MRO, EMT, *GTM2

THRAWN

NER/CC was in ABU. MER/CC was in blue.

Was that in reference to the ABU or the blues? I read USAF style and thought blues....
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Nolan Teel

I don't post often on here but that was funny Darin.. Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeball...  I'm still laughing, I'm going to use that sometime.

JeffDG

Thank God, I only showed up in the background of one of those shots.

NIN

Quote from: Nolan Teel on March 02, 2016, 06:45:31 PM
I don't post often on here but that was funny Darin.. Mark 1, Mod 0 eyeball...  I'm still laughing, I'm going to use that sometime.

I get a nickle every time you use it. Its in my licensing agreement.

:)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

JeffDG

Having seen both of these officers the previous day in Service Dress, I can confirm your assessment...

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NIN on March 02, 2016, 06:50:02 PM

If you get LASIK does that make it a Mark 1 Mod 1 eyeball?

LTC Don

Quote from: CChitty on March 02, 2016, 04:29:05 PM
Was on Flickr checking out the pictures when I saw a two-star wearing the funky ABU and blue patch combo in an official event:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/civilairpatrol/24948046409/in/album-72157664982316892/

That 'two-star' you are referring to happens to be your National Commander.   ::)

Wow.
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

JeffDG

Quote from: LTC Don on March 02, 2016, 07:12:37 PM
Quote from: CChitty on March 02, 2016, 04:29:05 PM

That 'two-star' you are referring to happens to be your National Commander.   ::)

Wow.
Although...there was a second two-star in the room!

Chappie

Quote from: Toth on March 02, 2016, 05:58:58 PM

I completely agree, the double standard of absolute respect in person and total disrespect online is ridiculous, it's disrespect no matter where or when it's said.

It is amazing that when some fingers hit the keyboard, that the CAP Core Values goes into "auto-delete" mode :(
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

Brit_in_CAP

Quote from: NIN on March 02, 2016, 06:50:02 PM

Worth every nickel!

vorteks

Withdrawn. No disrespect intended, and I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

vorteks

Quote from: Chappie on March 02, 2016, 07:30:08 PM
Quote from: Toth on March 02, 2016, 05:58:58 PM

It is amazing that when some fingers hit the keyboard, that the CAP Core Values goes into "auto-delete" mode :(

That's a fair point, Sir. I also find it amazing how a certain other core value often goes out the window when it comes to wearing the USAF-style uniforms.