Main Menu

New 39-1

Started by alexalvarez, October 24, 2013, 01:06:18 AM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ol'fido on December 10, 2013, 10:25:55 PM
I don't believe so. The German Air Force is currently called the Luftwaffe. No Godwin issues there.

"Luftwaffe" simply means "air force."

The Swiss Air Force uses the same term for its German-speaking members.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Panache on December 10, 2013, 11:40:19 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on December 10, 2013, 09:24:32 AM
If anything, the West Point grey cap made by Bernard Cap would be better, for consistency at least, but I don't see that happening either.

You know, I'm going to wear this hat one day with my G/W's just to see what sort of reaction I get.

(Disclaimer: yes, I know I'll be in the wrong.)

No badge, and you'd have a mighty fine looking civilian cap.....

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Panache

Other than tweaking TexasCadet's tail-feathers, it's probably safe to say that many military and para-military / police uniforms across the world share elements with the WWII European Axis powers.  Some uniform concepts, even those by the Nazis, are just "classics".  I mean, heck, just look at the uniform worn by the NJ State Police...

Mein Führer indeed.

Luis R. Ramos

Maybe our cadets can show some of those policemen how to march in step... Another state MOU?

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

ol'fido

Quote from: TexasCadet on December 10, 2013, 09:11:16 PM
I am not implying anything, except the fact that I thought it looked like something the Luftwaffe would wear.

Luftwaffe uniform:

Hat:

Very similar color.

If saying "That looks like something the Luftwaffe wears." means that West Point cadets look like the Luftwaffe, consider this. If someone had a sword, and I said it looked like a samurai sword, would that mean I called them a samurai?
The blouse shown here seems to be made up to be a Fallschirmjager(Paratrooper) blouse. They were under the Luftwaffe, but may have worn the Feld Grau for combat service. Just me speculating.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

NIN

So yeah, that new uniform manual. I'm guessing it won't feature any Luftwaffe uniforms.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Panache

Quote from: NIN on December 11, 2013, 03:46:10 PM
So yeah, that new uniform manual. I'm guessing it won't feature any Luftwaffe uniforms.

Well, you said the new pictures were being taken in Illinois.  And, well....   

Angus

Quote from: Panache on December 11, 2013, 10:29:22 AM
Other than tweaking TexasCadet's tail-feathers, it's probably safe to say that many military and para-military / police uniforms across the world share elements with the WWII European Axis powers.  Some uniform concepts, even those by the Nazis, are just "classics".  I mean, heck, just look at the uniform worn by the NJ State Police...

Mein Führer indeed.

Not sure who told you that was NJ State Police, that's Mass State Troopers. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

lordmonar

The top image is MASS State Troopers....note the blue cap and the blue stripe on the pants.....the lower image is NJ State Troopers...note the yellow patch with NJ, Yellow Stripe on pants, and the gray cap.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Panache

Quote from: Angus on December 11, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

That's what I get for relying on Google.

Buy the second one is most definitely NJ, as evidenced by their god-awful triangle "STATE POLICE NJ" patches.

jeders

Can we all at least agree that Texas State Troopers have the uniform least likely to be confused for Nazis?

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Panache

Quote from: jeders on December 11, 2013, 06:02:06 PM
Can we all at least agree that Texas State Troopers have the uniform least likely to be confused for Nazis?

(looks at picture)

I will never complain about CAP uniforms again.

Storm Chaser

^ We wear blue tapes and color patches on woodland BDUs. With some members asking for a khaki uniform, something like this would not be so far fetched. >:D

I just hope I never have to wear something like that.

Angus

Quote from: Panache on December 11, 2013, 05:57:06 PM
Quote from: Angus on December 11, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

That's what I get for relying on Google.

Buy the second one is most definitely NJ, as evidenced by their god-awful triangle "STATE POLICE NJ" patches.

I left both only because I didn't know how to take out the NJ State Police picture.  With my luck I would have deleted the wrong one and made my point moot.  :)
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

NM SAR

Quote from: Panache on December 11, 2013, 06:11:24 PM

(looks at picture)

Yes you will.

Angus

Quote from: NM SAR on December 11, 2013, 07:00:05 PM
Quote from: Panache on December 11, 2013, 06:11:24 PM

(looks at picture)

Yes you will.

I'll still take the MA State Trooper Uniform over that. 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Luis R. Ramos

The poster that stated the WWII Luftwaffe blouse was paratroopers...

Not sure from that photo alone. The yellow waffenfarbe which was used for the same purpose as the US Army uses the colored piping in insignias and uniforms denotes the assignment the wearer was assigned to. It is shown on both the collar lapel and the sleeve on the epaulette, and means the wearer could be either aircrew or paratroopers.

Paratroopers initially wore the blue-grey colored uniform of the rest of the Luftwaffe with a smock over it colored feldgrau or fieldgrey. Like the Army. Later the smock was camouflaged.

See the uniform in this Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP0eBuN5pIk

From a store that makes reproductions of WWII German paratroopers:

http://www.hessenantique.com/Luftwaffe_Fallschirmj_ger_Uniforms_Uniforms_s/660.htm

Flyer

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

NIN

Did you know that the new uniform manual finally authorizes the wear of tan boots and t-shirts with BDUs?
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

arajca

Quote from: NIN on December 11, 2013, 10:04:49 PM
Did you know that the new uniform manual finally authorizes the wear of tan boots and t-shirts with BDUs?
No, because unlike you, the rest of were not deemed worthy of such knowledge.

The CyBorg is destroyed

The Fallschirmjäger were only part of the Luftwaffe because Hermann Göring was in charge of the Luftwaffe and he thought that anything that flew belonged to him.  As has been pointed out, the Luftwaffe Graublau was very ill-suited to field conditions.

The blouse that TexasCadet originally pointed out was not a field uniform; it was a service dress, very much like what Col. Klink wore on "Hogan's Heroes."

Fallschirmjäger usually wore the same Fliegerbluse that Luftwaffe aircrew wore.  It was more or less equivalent to the American Ike jacket and the Commonwealth battledress blouse.

But, again, in a CAP context, using a grey garrison/side cap without insignia for the G/W...it would be much easier to use an East German cap sans insignia.

I personally like the South African Air Force's flight cap...but no way would the grey/corporatist/low-light fundies allow it.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011