Uniforms and Rank/Grade

Started by ColonelJack, September 16, 2013, 04:41:39 PM

JeffDG

The one problem with the red flight suit is that he has a flight cap, not a beret.

ColonelJack

Quote from: FW on October 01, 2013, 05:14:11 PM
Another thread worn out... about the only thing left is to complain about boonies....and abu's; lol!
>:D

Or boonies with ABUs.

As the original poster, I can say that I've gotten the information I was seeking.  If the mods want to lock this one up, it's fine with me.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

SarDragon

Are you sure, Jack? This one drifted so badly, that I'm not even sure what the Q was in the first place.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RogueLeader

We just need another 20 posts or so, and it'll make one of the top ten threads. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ColonelJack

Quote from: SarDragon on October 02, 2013, 10:43:37 AM
Are you sure, Jack? This one drifted so badly, that I'm not even sure what the Q was in the first place.  >:D

Now that I think about it ... there were a couple of questions I asked back about a dozen or so pages ago that haven't yet been answered.

Maybe the mods can leave this one alone a little while longer ... nobody's being unpleasant yet ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

ColonelJack

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 02, 2013, 02:05:05 PM
We just need another 20 posts or so, and it'll make one of the top ten threads. . .

Then by all means we should allow it to live.  I've never been a record-holder before.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.

PHall

Quote from: ColonelJack on October 02, 2013, 04:42:36 PM
Quote from: RogueLeader on October 02, 2013, 02:05:05 PM

Then by all means we should allow it to live.  I've never been a record-holder before.

Jack

There are some records you probably don't want to hold... >:D

Grumpy

Quote from: JeffDG on October 01, 2013, 01:29:00 PM
We need to go with red uniforms:

I say International Orange like we had in the late fifties, early sixties would look cool.   ;D

JeffDG

Quote from: Grumpy on October 02, 2013, 08:40:23 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on October 01, 2013, 01:29:00 PM
We need to go with red uniforms:

I say International Orange like we had in the late fifties, early sixties would look cool.   ;D
Oooh, Oooh...with lime green epaulets.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Like the new GT working on the highway vests?

Private Investigator

My G.I. Joe airman had a orange flight suit in 1964. That was the best uniform for G.I. Joe after the USMC dress blues and the Navy frogman   8)

41839j

Quote from: Private Investigator on October 03, 2013, 08:01:33 AM

My G.I. Joe airman had a orange flight suit in 1964. That was the best uniform for G.I. Joe after the USMC dress blues and the Navy frogman   8)

Now that is pretty funny!  Do you still have the toys?  They could be worth something  now.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: JeffDG on October 01, 2013, 08:51:40 PM
The one problem with the red flight suit is that he has a flight cap, not a beret.

No he doesn't.

It's a "wedge cap."

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Pylon

What's the professional topic here, gentleman and ladies?
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Luis R. Ramos

Who knows...?  ???

Like all topics in CAPTalk, it appears to have drifted from the original topic...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Private Investigator

Quote from: 41839j on October 03, 2013, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: Private Investigator on October 03, 2013, 08:01:33 AM

Now that is pretty funny!  Do you still have the toys?  They could be worth something  now.

My brother kept mine when I moved out and he has been collecting every since. A comparable collection is on sale now on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-JOE-ACTION-MAN-COTSWOLD-HASBROS-COLLECTIBLES-/300963871503?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4612d83b0f

Another collector made or alter items to create CAP action figures on the 1:12 scale. A CAP diorama would be of interest to our members.   8)

jhsmith400

Yep the old Joes are valuable, the nurse is the most valuable.  I was reading all of this and got tired but wanted to make a point or two(if the point was made and buried some where deep I'm sorry.)  The idea that CAP introduced ranks to avoid members being shot as spies,more likely as partisans defined at the time as persons not associated with a governments military who have taken up arms, I think(it's been a long time since I read it)came from "Flying Minutemen".  Also the idea of uniforms in military usage doesn't only provide for uniformity, or for pride but also for identification as a combatant or non-combatant.  A distinctive uniform for non-combatant aux-s is not new, the ambulance corps in WW1 had a distinctive uniform, as do units now UN units have distinctive blue helmets and such to show they belong to the UN not to either side.  As to grade, even cops and firefighters have grade, they have LT.s and such so why should CAP change, even though here we could have (and do have) 1LT.s commanding squadrons with LT. Cols.  In a perfect world rank would indicate where you are but as CAP has no retirement rules and a finite number of positions it just can't happen, also many folks who have reached lofty rank have zero ambition to command.

PHall

Quote from: Pylon on October 05, 2013, 04:30:18 AM
What's the professional topic here, gentleman and ladies?

Mike, it ran screaming away from here days ago. :o

It's long past time to stick a fork in it. It's done!