eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

MIKE

USAF wears a tan/sand rigger belt with ABUs.
Mike Johnston

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: CAP_truth on January 16, 2012, 03:27:08 AM
They could add a gray belt for CAP instead of the blue the USAF would wear.

Great Bog in Devon, why does it always have to be GREY whenever CAP is mentioned?!?!?!?!?! ::) >:( :(
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SARDOC

Quote from: CyBorg on January 16, 2012, 05:14:50 AM
Great Bog in Devon, why does it always have to be GREY whenever CAP is mentioned?!?!?!?!?! ::) >:( :(

For discussion purposes only...because it serves as a primary irritant for so many participants on this board.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: SARDOC on January 16, 2012, 05:16:20 AM

For discussion purposes only...because it serves as a primary irritant for so many participants on this board.

Really...I thought I was the only one who hated grey and couldn't fathom why CAP has bought into it so heavily as its "goto" colour shade.

But, as I'm sure you know, some (again inexplicable to me) really are zealots for CAP looking like Imperial officers or East German troops.

I am frankly surprised some of these zealots haven't tried to steer away from contemplating "will we/won't we get ABU's" and skew it toward canning both the BDU and BBDU and replacing it with grey BDU's. ::)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: CyBorg on January 16, 2012, 05:34:18 PM

Really...I thought I was the only one who hated grey and couldn't fathom why CAP has bought into it so heavily as its "goto" colour shade.

But, as I'm sure you know, some (again inexplicable to me) really are zealots for CAP looking like Imperial officers or East German troops.

I am frankly surprised some of these zealots haven't tried to steer away from contemplating "will we/won't we get ABU's" and skew it toward canning both the BDU and BBDU and replacing it with grey BDU's. ::)
Is it wrong to say I think looking like imperial officers would be cool?

But none of our stuff looks like the imperials.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 16, 2012, 06:10:39 PM

No.  It's too "mall-cop" for that.

However, it does resemble the East German Army.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RogueLeader

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 16, 2012, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on January 16, 2012, 05:34:18 PM

Is it wrong to say I think looking like imperial officers would be cool?

We would have to come up with new insignia to match our grade structure. Not to mention that pilots wear black.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Persona non grata

Grey flight suits, grey BDU'S, Grey air line type uniforms, black leather flight jackets with gray name badges,. grey COV'S, GREY PLANES!, Grey boots, grey hair,and to top it off a grey colored ribbon(grey service award). Cap is becoming Greyzy. Bring it on uniform board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

ZigZag911

I believe gray is mentioned often because it is a color we already use; also, because none of the regular US military services wear gray uniforms (West Point cadets have gray uniforms, I believe).

Black is another primary color available, but I think associations with the SS (historically) and Star Wars (fictionally) argue against it.

I've suggested khaki/tan in the past, especially since it is a CAP and USAF 'heritage' uniform color.

Basher

Quote from: JK657 on January 14, 2012, 09:57:00 PM
I figured as much GP... I don't mind people stretching the truth but when you put your unit on your profile be prepared to be called out
Just to let you know, I am not stretching the truth. I will send you a picture and put one on this page soon.
Sergeant Pain

abdsp51

I like grey or gray as a color, it's rather neutral  and can go with anything.  Personally I like the grey epaulets and plates for SM rather than the blue and maroon that was the norm when I first joined.  But I will say there is a over emphasis on grey/gray that could be scaled back.  A grey belt with ABUs hideous. Sand or as much i hate to say it a sage belt is much better.  I still think staying with the tan boots or even a black leather or suede boot would have been better than what we currently have to wear.  Thankfully I can still wear my nice 5.11's with my blues.

Basher

Here it is JK657. Told you I wasn't stretching the truth.
Sergeant Pain

cadetesman

If this isn't photoshopped (which I'm assuming it is), then things just got weird.

NCRblues

:o

Um....

and we all wonder why the AF gets angry with us sometimes....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

titanII

Basher: If I'm correct, then everybody was looking for pictures of your  unit wearing ABU's, not just one person.
Because really, any one person can just buy ABU's and put CAP insignia on it for the fun of it...
No longer active on CAP talk

Eclipse

Nice try:

http://stillwatercap.weebly.com/squadron-blog.html

"Tuesday's Meeting (1.10.12)
01/10/2012
0 Comments

The uniform is BDUs tonight. Shine your boots and iron your uniform. We will be going over emergency services.

Now, can we get back to ignoring this nonsense?

"That Others May Zoom"

JK657

Quote from: Basher on January 16, 2012, 07:58:43 PM
Here it is JK657. Told you I wasn't stretching the truth.

I appreciate you taking the time to post a picture. I should have been more specific in my request for a pic. As titanII pointed out, one person can dress up in any uniform in their house but a whole unit is a different story. Can you wrangle up one of the rest of your unit in ABUs?

Basher

Quote from: Eclipse on January 16, 2012, 08:11:14 PM
Nice try:

http://stillwatercap.weebly.com/squadron-blog.html

"Tuesday's Meeting (1.10.12)
01/10/2012
0 Comments

The uniform is BDUs tonight. Shine your boots and iron your uniform. We will be going over emergency services.

Now, can we get back to ignoring this nonsense?
To answer your question, I bought the ABUs because my squadron commander said that our squadron could wear ABUs. I am the only one in my squadron that has them though. It says BDUs on the website because that is what everybody else is still wearing. I bet you are just jealous that you aren't wearing ABUs in CAP.
Sergeant Pain

JK657

oh snaps... this is about to get interesting

It was brave to put a uniform pic up in this place, for that I applaud you but please know that if what you say is true, in that your commander has authorized you to wear them then he is setting you up to fail. Hang on to them and one day they may get approved but I recommend wearing your BDUs from now on

abdsp51

One of these things is not like the other.  Seriously I am surprised that you have not been counseled on this.  And this comment  "I bet you are just jealous that you aren't wearing ABUs in CAP." is way out of line.  Currently ABUs are not authorized for CAP and your unit CC does not trump those above him.  I would expect to see that someone will probably be notifying your CC about your conduct.