eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

Darkside1

Did the USMC patent belts  :o

I think they pretty much copied an old Army service coat and made it in blue. Which is why its a heritage coat thingy.

lordmonar

Quote from: MSG Mac on January 04, 2012, 05:29:50 AM
They've adopted (stolen) the belt from the USMC
From the 1930's ?

It is basically a blue version of the standard army dress.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^What he said.

I really, really like those uniforms and it wouldn't break my heart one bit if CAP were authorised to go back to them.

It makes me think of hotshot pilots in the ETO with Glenn Miller in the background.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

afgeo4

I know many of you have your own opinions on the matter, but I, having served in the RM, only go by written policy. Thus, as far as I see it, here's the situation:

1. NHQ is at this time not willing to request ABU's for CAP members based on a mentioned Department of Defense policy that restricts digital uniform wear/distribution.
2. That the policy mentioned above is NOT a Department of the Air Force policy, but a Department of Defense policy (even the SECAF has his superiors.)
3. That putting in a request with the Air Force would not allow the Air Force to consider the matter until the above policy has been changed since the decision is made at a level above.

The one thing I cannot find is the actual policy from the DoD. That makes me (and I'm sure many others) wonder if there is such a policy or if it was made up or misunderstood. Why can't NHQ simply quote or link us to the policy so we can all accept it as a regulation?
GEORGE LURYE

lordmonar

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 12, 2012, 07:02:52 PMThe one thing I cannot find is the actual policy from the DoD. That makes me (and I'm sure many others) wonder if there is such a policy or if it was made up or misunderstood. Why can't NHQ simply quote or link us to the policy so we can all accept it as a regulation?
Because it don't exist.  If it does exist then there are many companies out there (including the prime contractor) out there willfully violating it!

Like I said before.....say Yes, No, Maybe Later.....but don't blow sunshine up my butt.

I too was in the military and I too will follow direction.....but don't "quote" a reg if it don't exist....gone toe to toe with many an QC/IG/ORI inspector....ate humble pie a lot....but won a lot too.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

The nearest thing I could find was this:  http://w3.calema.ca.gov/WebPage/oeswebsite.nsf/ClientOESFileLibrary/CCDPP/$file/Combat%20Uniforms.pdf

...which is essentially DRMO instructions in regards to combat uniforms (dated 2008). 

CAP is specifically called out as an authorized recipient for BDUs, (contrary to the belief for years of many people), but ABU's have a much
tighter DRMO authorization and it doesn't include CAP, other branches, or law enforcement.

A DRMO prohibition is not the same thing as a DOD restriction against the uniform's wear by non-USAF personnel, it just means we can't get used ones free / cheap.

"That Others May Zoom"

afgeo4

Quote from: Eclipse on January 12, 2012, 07:24:16 PM
The nearest thing I could find was this:  http://w3.calema.ca.gov/WebPage/oeswebsite.nsf/ClientOESFileLibrary/CCDPP/$file/Combat%20Uniforms.pdf

...which is essentially DRMO instructions in regards to combat uniforms (dated 2008). 

CAP is specifically called out as an authorized recipient for BDUs, (contrary to the belief for years of many people), but ABU's have a much
tighter DRMO authorization and it doesn't include CAP, other branches, or law enforcement.

A DRMO prohibition is not the same thing as a DOD restriction against the uniform's wear by non-USAF personnel, it just means we can't get used ones free / cheap.

Well... it could be that someone overly eager interpreted the DRMO regulation to be too broad in scope or that we simply can't find some new policy. The problem is that we don't know and we need to force NHQ to show us.
GEORGE LURYE

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 12, 2012, 07:29:53 PM
The problem is that we don't know and we need to force NHQ to show us.

Wake me when that happens...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Basher

Quote from: Tim Medeiros on December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Wear of the Airman's Battle Uniform (ABU): DoD policy prevents the transfer, donation, and sale of digitized camouflage pattern uniforms to anyone outside the USAF with very few exceptions. Unfortunately Civil Air Patrol is not one of the exceptions. This prohibition is necessary to protect the unique technologies used in developing the uniform.
The National Board has placed a hold on all uniform changes pending a review of the entire CAP uniform structure. This review is ongoing by the CAP National Uniform Committee and a draft report will be presented to the Summer National Board Meeting in Baltimore in August 2012. The presentation will be available online via web stream but all CAP members are encouraged to attend.
I bought mine brand new from US Patriot Tactical and I am not military. I am just a civilian in CAP. The DoD makes it sound like nobody is allowed to buy them except if you are in the USAF.
Sergeant Pain

RogueLeader

Quote from: Basher on January 12, 2012, 11:22:38 PM
Quote from: Tim Medeiros on December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM
Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

Wear of the Airman's Battle Uniform (ABU): DoD policy prevents the transfer, donation, and sale of digitized camouflage pattern uniforms to anyone outside the USAF with very few exceptions. Unfortunately Civil Air Patrol is not one of the exceptions. This prohibition is necessary to protect the unique technologies used in developing the uniform.
The National Board has placed a hold on all uniform changes pending a review of the entire CAP uniform structure. This review is ongoing by the CAP National Uniform Committee and a draft report will be presented to the Summer National Board Meeting in Baltimore in August 2012. The presentation will be available online via web stream but all CAP members are encouraged to attend.

I bought mine brand new from US Patriot Tactical and I am not military. I am just a civilian in CAP. The DoD makes it sound like nobody is allowed to buy them except if you are in the USAF.
Thats what they want us to believe, but its not true.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Basher

So, why did the DoD put that announcement out there?
Sergeant Pain

JK657

Basher: I'm still waiting for some pics of you/your squadron in ABUs? Blurry out your face, name, etc but I'd really like see...

Sapper168

Quote from: JK657 on January 14, 2012, 08:11:12 PM
Basher: I'm still waiting for some pics of you/your squadron in ABUs? Blurry out your face, name, etc but I'd really like see...

You will be waiting along time im sure.  Stillwater Composite squadron has a blog on their webpage (http://stillwatercap.weebly.com/squadron-blog.html ) . Check out this recent post:

Tuesday's Meeting (1.10.12) 01/10/2012

0 Comments

The uniform is BDUs tonight. Shine your boots and iron your uniform. We will be going over emergency services.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

JK657

I figured as much GP... I don't mind people stretching the truth but when you put your unit on your profile be prepared to be called out

RogueLeader

Quote from: Basher on January 14, 2012, 05:31:58 PM
So, why did the DoD put that announcement out there?

Because members of captalk won't leave it alone until we have an answer. This is something to calm us down, even if it is be.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

RogueLeader

Also Dod didn't put that out there. That is what nhq says the Dod says.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

The CyBorg is destroyed

I could care less if we get ABU's or not.  If so, cool...especially if the AF permits us to change from the hideous ultramarine blue insignia.  If not...I am perfectly happy with my BBDU's.

I would be much happier if we could get a "corporate" uniform that didn't look like a mall cop crossed with a Realtor.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Sapper168

Quote from: CyBorg on January 15, 2012, 06:56:36 AM
I would be much happier if we could get a "corporate" uniform that didn't look like a mall cop crossed with a Realtor.

Amen! My sentiments exactly.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

CAP_truth

They could add a gray belt for CAP instead of the blue the USAF would wear.
Cadet CoP
Wilson