eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

abdsp51

Only scuttlebutt as to changing uniforms has been changing the service dress uniform not the ABU.  Chances are the ABU is going to be here for awhile and not changing anytime soon especially with Force Reductions and a reduced operating budget DOD wide.

RogueLeader

Dod budget has not been cut. Only the percentage increase has been lessened. For example, there is to be a 17% increase in the budget, but it gets amended to 12%.  Congress calls that a 5% budget cut. They still get more than last year.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ProdigalJim

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 03, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
Dod budget has not been cut. Only the percentage increase has been lessened. For example, there is to be a 17% increase in the budget, but it gets amended to 12%.  Congress calls that a 5% budget cut. They still get more than last year.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

JeffDG

Wow, I had budgeted for a 55% raise this year, only got 4%, so I guess I took an 21% pay cut!   :o

In order to sacrifice more next year, I've decided to budget for a 50% raise next year...ya gotta make sacrifices, donchaknow.

RogueLeader

Quote from: JeffDG on January 03, 2012, 09:19:52 PM
Wow, I had budgeted for a 55% raise this year, only got 4%, so I guess I took an 21% pay cut!   :o

In order to sacrifice more next year, I've decided to budget for a 50% raise next year...ya gotta make sacrifices, donchaknow.

I think that's a 31% pay cut, but that's just math. ;)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JeffDG

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 03, 2012, 09:36:25 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on January 03, 2012, 09:19:52 PM

I think that's a 31% pay cut, but that's just math. ;)
Oops...meant 25%...and for the record, what I wrote would work out to a 51% pay cut, not 31%

SarDragon

For bofyas - 55 - 4 = 51.

Doing math like that with percentages is deceptive, anyway, because of the way the multiplications work. Which number are you taking a percentage of, the lower figure, or the larger one?

E.g. adding a 25% increase, then reducing it to the original figure onkly gives you a 20% decrease.

100 + 25% (25) = 125

25 = 20% of 125

Working with the numbers above, and starting with 100, we get:

100 + 17% = 117

117 - 5% = 111.15, not 112
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

RickRutledge

NEXT ITEM FOR DEBATE:

The proposed USAF change to the Service Dress -- away from our McPeak Style we currently have (Seniors).

The USAF has a hold on any uniform changes (much like us) and they haven't moved an inch since 2009 on it. BUT, it most likely will happen in the next few years....

**LET THE MOANING AND GROANING BEGIN***
Maj. Rick Rutledge
Wing Public Affairs Officer
Oklahoma Wing
Broken Arrow Composite Squadron
Commander
Civil Air Patrol
(Cadet 1996-2001)

PHall

Quote from: RickRutledge on January 03, 2012, 10:02:43 PM
NEXT ITEM FOR DEBATE:

The proposed USAF change to the Service Dress -- away from our McPeak Style we currently have (Seniors).

The USAF has a hold on any uniform changes (much like us) and they haven't moved an inch since 2009 on it. BUT, it most likely will happen in the next few years....

Olde news there guy. GEN Swartz has said that the Service Dress Uniform will not change while he is the Chief of Staff.
The service has more pressing issues to deal with. Things like the skyrocketing divorce rate and things like that.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I thought the AF had put the kibosh on any changes to the service dress, including this one:

I do have to say I like it a lot better than the McPeak/Fogleman "business suit;" it's like the old pinks-and-greens in cut.

It reminds me a little of the RAAF (which is RAF-cut but much darker blue), except theirs doesn't have epaulettes:

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

RickRutledge

Awesome. Glad I posted it.

In all seriousness, we need to find something else to debate.
Maj. Rick Rutledge
Wing Public Affairs Officer
Oklahoma Wing
Broken Arrow Composite Squadron
Commander
Civil Air Patrol
(Cadet 1996-2001)

PHall

Okay, how about the next person who starts another uniform thread on CAPTalk will be drawn and quartered. >:D

ColonelJack

But what will the uniform of the day be for the drawing and quartering?   ???

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

NIN

Quote from: CyBorg on January 03, 2012, 10:13:36 PM
It reminds me a little of the RAAF (which is RAF-cut but much darker blue), except theirs doesn't have epaulettes:

You know what I mean? Their uniform doesn't even have epaulets and this, that and everything else...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

abdsp51

Actually budget has been cut and it's been felt at all levels.  Civilian/military workers are getting cut, vehicle fleets are being reduced and some programs are/have been terminated.  But to the thread there has been no official word on the ABU being ditched, the only that was mentioned was the introduction of a lighter weight version being made available to all, and trying to redesign the the service uniform.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NIN on January 04, 2012, 02:23:18 AM
You know what I mean? Their uniform doesn't even have epaulets and this, that and everything else...

No, sir, what you mean flew right past me. ???

Colonel Jack: The UOD for drawing and quartering will of course be Mess Dress (think about it). :P
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MIKE

Quote from: CyBorg on January 04, 2012, 03:12:06 AM
Quote from: NIN on January 04, 2012, 02:23:18 AM

No, sir, what you mean flew right past me. ???

Colonel Jack: The UOD for drawing and quartering will of course be Mess Dress (think about it). :P

Armstrong & Miller - WWII RAF Sketch
Mike Johnston

Darkside1

Quote from: PHall on January 03, 2012, 10:09:37 PM
Quote from: RickRutledge on January 03, 2012, 10:02:43 PM
NEXT ITEM FOR DEBATE:

Olde news there guy. GEN Swartz has said that the Service Dress Uniform will not change while he is the Chief of Staff.
The service has more pressing issues to deal with. Things like the skyrocketing divorce rate and things like that.

I've seen it before but its definitely a huge improvement in my opinion. I would be an early adopter of that uniform. The McPeak coat was and always will be lame. I'm still not sure why he felt we needed to look more like the navy... or an airline pilot.... or just a business suit in general.

That belt would look sharp if you had the waistline for it and even if you don't at least it looks more military in style.

SarDragon

The belt is a huge tailoring problem. Not everyone's waist is at the same place on their body, and it it's not in the right place on the coat, it looks like crap.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

MSG Mac

They've adopted (stolen) the belt from the USMC
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member