ABU uniform for Civil Air Patrol

Started by U.S.A.F. C.A.P., December 26, 2011, 04:21:20 PM

RogueLeader

Quote from: Basher on January 12, 2012, 11:28:33 PM
My squadron commander said that we could wear the ABUs now. So I don't really know what is going on. :o

Sure you can wear them, just not for CAP, as they are not authorized anywhere.  Look for an ICL (Interm Change Letter) on EServices.  I guarantee that there isn't one.

as of 16:36 MST
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JK657

If you guys are wearing them I'd like to see some pictures.... Need to see some proof or I'm going to throw the BS flag

a2capt

...and you sewed what insignia on, against what manual, that shows what photos?

Next.

NCRblues

Either OK wing has a rouge squadron.....

or more than likely, you are all getting PROFESSIONALY trolled!!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

titanII

No longer active on CAP talk

SarDragon

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 12, 2012, 07:14:59 PM1. I don't know about the regular reviews of the uniform structure, because we are still working with a CAP uniform regulation that is decades old with less than a handful of tiny ICL changes, many of which were made in the last 5 years and only exist to rescind each other.

Decades? Really?

Taken directly from the current manual: CAP MANUAL 39-1, 23 MARCH 2005

According to my arithmetic, it will be all of seven years old in two months. Not quite even one decade.

When you start throwing numbers arouns like that, it tends to reduce the credibility of anything else you might have to say in a post.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: NCRblues on January 13, 2012, 01:50:06 AM

I prefer the teal, myself.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Quote from: SarDragon on January 13, 2012, 02:38:45 AM

I prefer the [/color]teal, myself.

Wops... rogue

I guess they could have a rouge squadron as well  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RogueLeader

Quote from: NCRblues on January 13, 2012, 02:45:36 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on January 13, 2012, 02:38:45 AM

I prefer the [/color]teal, myself.

Wops... rogue

I guess they could have a rouge squadron as well  >:D

For the record, I do NOT lead it. Despite my board name.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

a2capt

Quote from: NCRblues on January 13, 2012, 01:50:06 AMor more than likely, you are all getting PROFESSIONALY trolled!!
Hence the "Next." after a Stealth BS flag is thrown down.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Basher, one thing I hope you will learn as a cadet is the INTEGRITY part of our Core Values.

I don't believe for a minute that your squadron CC authorised your squadron to wear ABU's...at least not in a CAP context, and certainly not with CAP insignia.  Said CC would have to know that such an aberration would very soon become known to Group, then Wing CC...and that'd be a whole lotta trouble.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JK657

Anyone near this squadron that can do some follow up on this?

abdsp51

I'm sill trying to understand the hype over getting ABUs.  Outside of the fire resistant ones authorized for certain AFSCs there is really nothing different about them than the BDUs outside of the fact you do not iron them or polish the boots.  Outside of that they can be just as hot if not hotter than BDUs and take a few washes to soften up. 

a2capt

...and they're somewhat easier to get for some people, certainly a lot more than it used to be.  ... and the current uniform is becoming a bit harder to get .. for some people. Otherwise - not much different.

RogueLeader

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 13, 2012, 08:30:30 AM
I'm sill trying to understand the hype over getting ABUs.  Outside of the fire resistant ones authorized for certain AFSCs there is really nothing different about them than the BDUs outside of the fact you do not iron them or polish the boots.  Outside of that they can be just as hot if not hotter than BDUs and take a few washes to soften up.

It's called wanting to be in the same uniform as our parent service. Some want them for the cool factor.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 13, 2012, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: abdsp51 on January 13, 2012, 08:30:30 AM

It's called wanting to be in the same uniform as our parent service. Some want them for the cool factor.
Some don't want to polish or iron.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SARDOC

I just want a uniform everyone can wear so that we can at least try to look like a professional consistent organization.  I don't care if it's green, blue, orange whatever.  One Field/Utility uniform for everybody.

If it's ABU's fine...BDU's Okay, BBDU's Dealio...don't really care.  Just wear it professionally and it should help towards the Objectives of our organization.  We don't share a field uniform with our parent service now and won't for the foreseeable future.  Their doing...Not Ours.  Why not try to establish our own identity so people know who we are?  Do that with our Field uniforms and maintain our historically heritage ties with our Dress uniforms.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: SARDOC on January 13, 2012, 09:43:29 PM
I just want a uniform everyone can wear so that we can at least try to look like a professional consistent organization.  I don't care if it's green, blue, orange whatever.  One Field/Utility uniform for everybody.

If it's ABU's fine...BDU's Okay, BBDU's Dealio...don't really care.  Just wear it professionally and it should help towards the Objectives of our organization.  We don't share a field uniform with our parent service now and won't for the foreseeable future.  Their doing...Not Ours.  Why not try to establish our own identity so people know who we are?  Do that with our Field uniforms and maintain our historically heritage ties with our Dress uniforms.

Imagine that with our blue tapes..
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

rustyjeeper

Quote from:
/quote]Some don't want to polish or iron.

Okay this brings up an intersting question.
Boots should be polished and look good as should shoes. No argument there from me....
BUT ;D

Uniforms should not have loose threads or be frayed and wrinkled.
CAP Regs specifically prohibit "military creases" and say NOTHING about ironing being required whatsoever that i have ever found.
Can you please point to where outside of a a "neat and professional appearance" the regs state a uniform must be ironed? >:D

SARDOC

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 13, 2012, 10:18:10 PM
Imagine that with our blue tapes..

Who said we needed to use the Blue tapes...we can use whatever we want.  Just Has to be approved by Ma Blue.