ABU uniform for Civil Air Patrol

Started by U.S.A.F. C.A.P., December 26, 2011, 04:21:20 PM

U.S.A.F. C.A.P.

What year is Civil Air Patrol going to switch to ABUs because I think that we have really used BDUs for a long time and they are getting very old?
Griffin Composite Squadron. GAWG
SER-GA-014  HOO-YAH!
C/SMsgt.

capmaj

Welcome to CAPTalk. Not to be harsh but, the search button is your best friend. This has been discussed a bunch.

titanII

Quote from: capmaj on December 26, 2011, 04:25:52 PM
the search button is your best friend. This has been discussed a bunch.
Yeah... there are several very long threads about this. Just search "ABU" and you'll find them.
As for your question: there are very many varying answers that you will get from this website, and none of them are absolute or definitive in any way.
So, I guess my final answer is: I don't know.  :D
Welcome to CAP Talk!
No longer active on CAP talk

a2capt

A compound answer: "IF/When it happens".

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

JK657

doing a quick search I came up with 30 topics regarding ABUs... the one common thing found in all: No one has any idea if/when ABUs will be approved

Tim Medeiros

To borrow something from Blizzard Entertainment when they talk about release dates for their products: Soon™
TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

titanII

Quote from: JK657 on December 26, 2011, 07:54:53 PM
doing a quick search I came up with 30 topics regarding ABUs... the one common thing found in all: No one has any idea if/when ABUs will be approved
Exactly.
Like I said before,
Quote from: titanII on December 26, 2011, 04:43:35 PM
there are very many varying answers that you will get from this website, and none of them are absolute or definitive in any way... I don't know.

Thrashed

If your BDU's are old, order new ones.

Save the triangle thingy

gcountry

My commander told me yesterday that he got word from national that the switch will be this year, no joke
C/TSgt Griffin Endress
Alpha Flight Sgt.
Walter M. Schirra Comp. Sqdn
NJ-090

davidsinn

Quote from: gcountry on December 30, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
My commander told me yesterday that he got word from national that the switch will be this year, no joke

It's not happening. There is a link in eServices saying that it's not happening so I don't know what he's talking about but he's wrong.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Persona non grata

Cool story bro!
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

titanII

Quote from: eaker.cadet on December 30, 2011, 10:10:36 PM

Cool story bro!
You should tell it at parties...
;D

gcountry

C/TSgt Griffin Endress
Alpha Flight Sgt.
Walter M. Schirra Comp. Sqdn
NJ-090

Darkside1

So.... were getting ABU's tomorrow?  :o

Hate to pile it on, but I couldn't resist.

SarDragon

Quote from: davidsinn on December 30, 2011, 10:00:46 PM

It's not happening. There is a link in eServices saying that it's not happening so I don't know what he's talking about but he's wrong.

They got an excuse - they're Pineys!   ;) >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Huey Driver

Quote from: SarDragon on December 30, 2011, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on December 30, 2011, 10:00:46 PM

They got an excuse - they're Pineys!   ;) >:D

Wrong. He's up there in the North East corner ;)  >:D

Much higher res here
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

SarDragon

Sorry, anyone north and/or east of Gloucester County that isn't in an urban area is a piney. I've lived in, or had family in, NJ since 1959.

Besides, that map has some issues with boundaries.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

afgeo4

Well... I hate to get back to the topic, but it looks like CAP is NOT going to switch to ABU after all. In fact, we are going to go away from a USAF style uniform altogether to comply with new DoD regulations about control of supply of digital uniforms.
GEORGE LURYE

SARDOC

Quote from: afgeo4 on January 03, 2012, 12:50:22 AM
In fact, we are going to go away from a USAF style uniform altogether to comply with new DoD regulations about control of supply of digital uniforms.

I'm not sure that's really relevant.  We are not part of the DoD and wouldn't be receiving them from the Air Force anyway.  We would have to buy them from a third party vendor like we do now.  We would just be changing the pattern of the uniform.