BDUs are now Obsolete

Started by Smithsonia, November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

Spaceman3750

Please no... The aviator really doesn't need headgear. Blues really don't need headgear either, but we don't have a whole lot of choice about that.

BradM

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 08, 2011, 07:40:32 PM
Please no... The aviator really doesn't need headgear. Blues really don't need headgear either, but we don't have a whole lot of choice about that.

I would like it, and you wouldn't have to wear it if you didn't want to :)
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

cap235629

Quote from: BradM on November 08, 2011, 07:34:12 PM
With the white aviator shirt and gray slacks. I'd like to be able to wear a Kingform Army white service cap with it. Replace the cap emblem with a gold version of the CAP cap emblem. :)

That look would remind me a little of West Point cadets.

I actually created something similar with my old MP white service cap.  With a black chinstrap the standard CAP service cap device looks just fine....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

The CyBorg is destroyed

Is it that you don't like hats?

It'll never happen, but this would be my choice, all made by Bernard Cap:

West Point garrison cap, made by Bernard Cap

Listed as "foreign military," also by Bernard Cap

Airline Officer's Cap (2nd Lt-Captain)

Airline Captain's Cap (Maj-Col)

Replacement visor for Generals

But somebody, please, Please, PLEASE get rid of the Realtor jacket (blazer)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I KNOW it's cheap, especially if you get it at Salvation Army, Goodwill or St. Vince's...but it is very NON-AVIATION.  When I see it, I think of Century 21, RE/MAX, etc (I used to work in the real estate industry).

I would be over the moon to be able to wear something like this:

Airline aircrew uniform jacket, available from Tally-Ho uniforms...and it's available in charcoal grey, to keep the grey zealots appeased!  We wouldn't have to use the sleeve striping, either...the current Realtor jacket nameplate with grade would suffice, but deep-six the pocket protector!!!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SarDragon

WHITE HATS SUCK!

I spent 21 years wearing them in one form or another, and that would be my very last choice for a hat color. They get dirty VERY quickly, and "wear out" much sooner because of the frequent cleaning.

Just say no to white hats.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

titanII

Quote from: SarDragon on November 08, 2011, 09:52:21 PM
WHITE HATS SUCK!
+1
Now I may not have as much experience with white hats as SarDragon  ;), but I can attest to this nonetheless. No White Hats!
No longer active on CAP talk

BradM

Quote from: SarDragon on November 08, 2011, 09:52:21 PM
WHITE HATS SUCK!

I spent 21 years wearing them in one form or another, and that would be my very last choice for a hat color. They get dirty VERY quickly, and "wear out" much sooner because of the frequent cleaning.

It could be a gray hat instead with either the gold strap and gold emblem or the silver strap and silver emblem (the one we currently put on the Air Force cap), or a black strap with either color emblem. The silver one we already can get easily. If no one really likes the gold on the white/gray combo.

Then a gray four pocket tunic with matching buttons (silver or gold) and matching gray pants. The gray could be the same color as the epaulets or I like better no epaulates and using metal insignia. We could have the U.S. letters on the lapels or the C.A.P. letters. I like the U.S. letters better. Then CAP ribbons and badges, & name tag.
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

arajca

Quote from: CyBorg on November 08, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
But somebody, please, Please, PLEASE get rid of the Realtor jacket (blazer)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I KNOW it's cheap, especially if you get it at Salvation Army, Goodwill or St. Vince's...but it is very NON-AVIATION.  When I see it, I think of Century 21, RE/MAX, etc (I used to work in the real estate industry).

I would be over the moon to be able to wear something like this:

Airline aircrew uniform jacket, available from Tally-Ho uniforms...and it's available in charcoal grey, to keep the grey zealots appeased!  We wouldn't have to use the sleeve striping, either...the current Realtor jacket nameplate with grade would suffice, but deep-six the pocket protector!!!
And this without the sleeve stripes is different from the current blazer how exactly? The pocket protector is a travesty. The proper way to wear a crest on the blazer is to either sew it on or use a pin on version.

a2capt

The pocket protector thing is absolutely ghetto. Plain and simple. It just looks AWFUL.

BradM

How about for the white shirt and gray pants we have this hat with the CAP emblem and then a jacket that matches the pants like the Germans are using?

Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^Except that General Courter made it clear in her ICL that the corporate uniform will NOT be of a "military type."

That means that whatever comes out of the uniform think tank can only be a minor variation on what now exists. >:( :-X

I always thought we looked more East German in the G/W...at least in the shade of grey.

arajca: I used that example SOLELY because it is available in CHARCOAL GREY, to appease the grey, grey, grey zealots and because it is readily, commercially available.

My first preference would be for the Air America type or this:

(Yes, I know it's blue, but so is the blazer!)

I loathe the blazer; I know others disagree with me but it's just my opinion.

BradM: I don't see being allowed the "U.S." devices on a corporate uniform, because of mixing civilian/military, nor allowing military ribbons for the same reason.

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Thrashed

I vote "no hats" of any kind.
We also do not need new uniform choices or changes. Enough is enough!

Save the triangle thingy

BillB

I think it's interesting people are talking about several completely different sets of uniforms. One set for seniors and ignoring the cadets. Cadets will remain in Air Force style uniforms. Seniors will go to some sort of non-military uniform and there will be no uniformity with seniors in flight suits, BBDUs, or whatever. Let the uniform committee come up with something that ALL seniors could wear and you'll still get people show up at meetings in several variations none of which look professional.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Thrashed on November 09, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
I vote "no hats" of any kind.

Why?

Quote from: Thrashed on November 09, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
We also do not need new uniform choices or changes. Enough is enough!

Sooo...the many CAP members who loathe the current options and the way the CSU was pulled out from under us just have to "suck it up?"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

a2capt

Yet another uniform option? Nah. I'll pass. A transition to something once and for all, with a generous phase out period knowing that at the "end" we'll actually have the chance to be more uniform, I'll go with that.

BradM

Quote from: BradM on November 09, 2011, 03:42:07 AM
How about for the white shirt and gray pants we have this hat with the CAP emblem and then a jacket that matches the pants like the Germans are using?

The only reason why I would like the gray hat with the gray tunic like the Germans above have on the left. The darker shade of gray is because most of the year I have a goatee. I'm in weight standards and my hair cut is in grooming standards. I don't like the Air Force mustache being so small ending with the verticle lines at the edges of the mouth. I shaved my goatee one time to a mustache and I didnt like it very much. So I grew it back. I might do it again next year at the CA Wing Conference and when I go to the CLC. Then grow it back again. For the gray tunic like on the left we could have the C.A.P. letters at the collars. Metal insignia is prefered but if not approved then the slip on epaulettes would be the same color as the tunic. Our CAP only ribbons and metal badges and wings.  The buttons could be the CAP coat of arms. The belt could be a black elastic belt with a silver buckle under the jacket on the trousers, not on top of the jacket. Thats what I'd like to wear with a trimmed goatee. :)
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

Buzz

Please no... The aviator really doesn't need headgear.

You don't fly much, do you?

I'm my planes I wear an HGU-55.

In other people's planes, I either wear a ball cap or (as appropriate) a 50-mission crush.

CAP needs to put a 50-mission crush into 39-1.   ;)

Major Lord

Wasn't there a study a few years back that showed there would be a major increase in light aircraft pilot survival if helmets were worn? Besides, you guys just don't look "top gun" enough in a plain green bag!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Buzz on November 09, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
Please no... The aviator really doesn't need headgear.

You don't fly much, do you?

I'm my planes I wear an HGU-55.

In other people's planes, I either wear a ball cap or (as appropriate) a 50-mission crush.

CAP needs to put a 50-mission crush into 39-1.   ;)

Buzz, I think Spaceman was referring to the aviator uniform not "needing" headgear...but props on the 50-mission crush!

(Doubtless someone will point out that none of them are grey... ::))
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

I'd buy into the crush as long as the requirement was that it be approved for wear only after 50 missions.

"That Others May Zoom"