BDUs are now Obsolete

Started by Smithsonia, November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: PHall on November 07, 2011, 06:35:04 AM
Face it dude, you've made one claim too many . . .

And yet, I seem to know alot about what I have said, so I must have do a lot of research just to feel important here, or maybe in almost 60 years I have done a few more things then 20 something year olds, dude.

NCRblues

I guess I will have to add "state military" (whatever that is) to my list of your accomplishments...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

tsrup

This just reads as a classic case of the trolls.

A post is made about a unique situation, you claim to have first hand experience with that unique situation, then you internalize it and flame anyone who posts negatively about it.

And any attempt at getting answers about who you are really is met with hostility.

So, Hardshell,
why don't you quell the mob with the pitchforks.

Introduce yourself.
Paramedic
hang-around.

a2capt

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: tsrup on November 07, 2011, 06:45:48 AM
This just reads as a classic case of the trolls.

A post is made about a unique situation, you claim to have first hand experience with that unique situation, then you internalize it and flame anyone who posts negatively about it.

And any attempt at getting answers about who you are really is met with hostility.

So, Hardshell,
why don't you quell the mob with the pitchforks.

Introduce yourself.

In truth, I did become defensive didn't I?

SarDragon

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 05:34:23 AMWhat "command" supports you in not wearing a uniform when conducting an investigation? Because the regulations (which is COMMAND) says you must wear a uniform when conducting CAP business...so....

Quote from: CAPM 39-1, Table 1-1. Wearing the CAP Uniform(Wear) when engaged in normal duties as a CAP member or attending local, wing/region, or national CAP functions (see note 1).

What's your source for "must"?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

NCRblues

Quote from: SarDragon on November 07, 2011, 06:49:21 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 05:34:23 AMWhat "command" supports you in not wearing a uniform when conducting an investigation? Because the regulations (which is COMMAND) says you must wear a uniform when conducting CAP business...so....

Quote from: CAPM 39-1, Table 1-1. Wearing the CAP Uniform(Wear) when engaged in normal duties as a CAP member or attending local, wing/region, or national CAP functions (see note 1).

I got all hot and bothered and forgot it said

"Members are required to wear a uniform when participating in or conducting the cadet program or when flying in CAP aircraft "

My bad, I was wrong on that one

SarDragon

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 06:54:06 AM

"Members are required to wear a uniform when participating in or conducting the cadet program or when flying in CAP aircraft "

"...when participating in or conducting the cadet program or when flying in CAP aircraft" and "you must wear a uniform when conducting CAP business" are not identical situations, hence my question.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 06:54:06 AM

That is how I read the regs. No worries.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 06:44:50 AM
I guess I will have to add "state military" (whatever that is) to my list of your accomplishments...

Here ya go, this will explain "whatever that is" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Force

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 07:08:10 AM

Here ya go, this will explain "whatever that is" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Force

I was being facetious, because you could have just said SDF not "state military"....  ::)

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 07:11:29 AM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 07:08:10 AM

I was being facetious, because you could have just said SDF not "state military"....  ::)

It is also known as the "State Military Reserves". We tended not to use the "reserve" name as it confused folks

RiverAux

Just a point of order -- State Defense Forces are REAL military forces.  They are just under state, rather than federal control. 

Buzz

Quote from: tsrup on November 07, 2011, 06:23:05 AM
Oh I was confused because this is what you posted:

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on September 14, 2011, 11:08:18 PM
Now for some "soap boxing":

1. My SSG chevrons came at a much higher price in training, responsibility and developing leadership skills/experience (And in some ways, mean more then my WO status in the real military). They took three regular and one Nat' Guard years and a lot of training to earn. You can be a CAP 1st LT in 6 months.

Looks pretty clear to me -- he was RA for three years, was in NG for a year before getting his warrant.  In the Viet Nam era, this is completely within the realm of possibility.

And, FYI, the National Guard IS "real military," having been Federalized during WWI.

That said, I was under the impression that NG grades were recognized by CAP.  I remember a WO in my squadron back in the 1970s who held that grade because he was a Guardie.

davidsinn

Quote from: Buzz on November 07, 2011, 06:35:33 PM

And, FYI, the National Guard IS "real military," having been Federalized during WWI.

That said, I was under the impression that NG grades were recognized by CAP. 

True and true. SDFs are not national guard though. Some have membership standards that are no tighter than our own. CAP does not recognize their ranks for a dual hatter.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: phirons on November 06, 2011, 03:49:49 PM
I hope the  >:D :angel: implied the jest in the comment.

In a sense I was re-enforcing your comment that we can have any color we want for or corporate uniform as long that color is gray.

I don't get CBC here but I do like BBC America.

I caught your irony, sir...and CAP's attitude toward non-AF uniforms sort of reminds me of Henry Ford's original Model T: any colour you like, as long as it's black.

CAP seems to have latched on to grey, and why I shall never know.  Nothing in our history that I have seen has indicated any real connection to grey.

We might as well adopt Air America style uniforms...but that would be too far from the status quo, and someone would probably say "it's too military and not distinctive enough in low light/at-a-distance." ::) >:(

Exiled from GLR-MI-011

cap235629

Quote from: CyBorg on November 07, 2011, 11:53:30 PM
Quote from: phirons on November 06, 2011, 03:49:49 PM
I hope the  >:D :angel: implied the jest in the comment.

In a sense I was re-enforcing your comment that we can have any color we want for or corporate uniform as long that color is gray.

I don't get CBC here but I do like BBC America.

I caught your irony, sir...and CAP's attitude toward non-AF uniforms sort of reminds me of Henry Ford's original Model T: any colour you like, as long as it's black.

CAP seems to have latched on to grey, and why I shall never know.  Nothing in our history that I have seen has indicated any real connection to grey.

We might as well adopt Air America style uniforms...but that would be too far from the status quo, and someone would probably say "it's too military and not distinctive enough in low light/at-a-distance." ::) >:(

I would buy a grey service dress in a New York Minute if CAP would standardize the cut and color and give it a military appearance and allow for all awards and decorations that are authorized for wear on the AF Style to be worn..

Not going to hold my breath though..............
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^That's a healthy attitude, about not holding your breath. :P

I rarely make "never" statements, but this time I will say it will never happen; that is, a CAP-distinctive uniform that isn't an infinitesimally minor variation on the Realtor/mall cop/EMT options we have now.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Hardshell Clam

Glad to see that this thread has gotten back on track. G'day.

BradM

With the white aviator shirt and gray slacks. I'd like to be able to wear a Kingform Army white service cap with it. Replace the cap emblem with a gold version of the CAP cap emblem. :)

That look would remind me a little of West Point cadets.

BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA