BDUs are now Obsolete

Started by Smithsonia, November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 06, 2011, 11:37:50 PM
"You're expected to wear an appropriate uniform anytime you are performing CAP duties, especially in an official capacity".

Actually, the wear of the uniform is not mandatory and remains at the desecration of command.

Oh lord, please don't tell me this is going to turn into another "im undercover" BS talk...

An IG that does not know you must wear a uniform when on CAP business... sounds about right
  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Spaceman3750

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 12:15:26 AM
"You're expected to wear an appropriate uniform anytime you are performing CAP duties, especially in an official capacity".

Actually, the wear of the uniform is not mandatory and remains at the desecration of command.

Oh lord, please don't tell me this is going to turn into another "im undercover" BS talk...

An IG that does not know you must wear a uniform when on CAP business... sounds about right
  >:D

Maybe it's for those "covert" visits to squadrons that RM was talking about awhile back.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 06, 2011, 11:55:29 PM

But how does the uniform get in the way of being an IG?

This isn't like OSI where you end up with the SSgt interrogating the Colonel. Even if you're only a 1st Lt. (I strongly suspect you're pretty new to CAP) since grade doesn't mean a whole lot there's no reason to hide it.

It has little to do with whom I am interviewing/investigating but rather "where" I'm interviewing them. Grade is never a consideration except when it involves an abuse of authority.

This has NOTHING about being undercover, or a CIA, I mean CAP spy, or anything of that silly nature.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 12:24:08 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 06, 2011, 11:55:29 PM

But how does the uniform get in the way of being an IG?

This isn't like OSI where you end up with the SSgt interrogating the Colonel. Even if you're only a 1st Lt. (I strongly suspect you're pretty new to CAP) since grade doesn't mean a whole lot there's no reason to hide it.

It has little to do with whom I am interviewing/investigating but rather "where" I'm interviewing them. Grade is never a consideration except when it involves an abuse of authority.

This has NOTHING about being undercover, or a CIA, I mean CAP spy, or anything of that silly nature.

So what DOES it have to do with? I'm really, truly curious and not trying to harass you.

Hardshell Clam

"So what DOES it have to do with? I'm really, truly curious and not trying to harass you".

I do wear my BDUs at most CAP functions to be sure, but a lot of my IG interviews are arranged at locations away from the usual areas where the CAP meets. I always meet the interviewees at public locations like a local coffee shop or their office and a low key non-pressure situation is always desirable. And there is the "force protection" issue what with CAP uniforms in public at non-related  to CAP activities locations, and a unlikely as it seems, there is that to consider as related to me by command.

AngelWings

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 12:42:32 AM
"So what DOES it have to do with? I'm really, truly curious and not trying to harass you".

I do wear my BDUs at most CAP functions to be sure, but a lot of my IG interviews are arranged at locations away from the usual areas where the CAP meets. I always meet the interviewees at public locations like a local coffee shop or their office and a low key non-pressure situation is always desirable. And there is the "force protection" issue what with CAP uniforms in public at non-related  to CAP activities locations, and a unlikely as it seems, there is that to consider as related to me by command.
Seems like the others are just giving you a hard time, and overdoing it by comparing you to RM.

Hardshell Clam

Seems like the others are just giving you a hard time, and overdoing it by comparing you to RM.

The old saying "consider the source" is so true when it comes to these type forums. There is a whole new forensic science dealing with it.

Eclipse

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 12:42:32 AM

Your justification for not wearing a uniform when conducting investigations is force protection? Seriously?

"That Others May Zoom"

Hardshell Clam

"Your justification for not wearing a uniform when conducting investigations is force protection? Seriously?"

As expected, you took one small part of the post, bent it out of context with your usual sarcasm.
Actually Eclipse, it was not offered as a "justification" as none is needed. It is a professional decision that is supported by command, "seriously". 

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 05:27:11 AM
"Your justification for not wearing a uniform when conducting investigations is force protection? Seriously?"

As expected, you took one small part of the post, bent it out of context with your usual sarcasm.
Actually Eclipse, it was not offered as a "justification" as none is needed. It is a professional decision that is supported by command, "seriously".

What "command" supports you in not wearing a uniform when conducting an investigation? Because the regulations (which is COMMAND) says you must wear a uniform when conducting CAP business...so....

PHall

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 05:27:11 AM

"Command", seriously...  I really doubt that the Wing Commander (to who you report directly) has told you to violate regulations while you are "investigating" regulation violations.

The IG is NOT above the regulations. And if you think you are then it's time for you to move on.

Hardshell Clam

Deep sigh... Why bother.  But read the "Great Start" booklet for adults, page 4, FAQ "Do members have to wear a uniform", as well as the regs.

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 05:46:42 AM
Deep sigh... Why bother.

Ya, that's because you don't have an answer. You're a troll and a fraud.

BTW, what year did you become a "fed", and what year did you "retire" as a fed? What year did you become a "state" cop? What year did you join the army and get your GED?

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 05:53:08 AM
Deep sigh... Why bother.

BTW, what year did you become a "fed", and what year did you "retire" as a fed? What year did you become a "state" cop? What year did you join the army and get your GED?

Yeah right, on-line insults. The refugee of someone who has no other interpersonal skills so you have to resort to name calling.

NCRblues

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 06:00:44 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on November 07, 2011, 05:53:08 AM
Deep sigh... Why bother.

Yeah right, on-line insults. The refugee of someone who has no other interpersonal skills so you have to resort to name calling.

No answer again...

Lets make a list of things "you have done" or claim to have done

went into the army in Vietnam and got your GED

became either CID or something else that didn't have to wear rank on the uniform

95b and 97b

made it to at least an NCO grade in the army (so, more than one enlistment)

law enforcement for over 30 years (33 you said in one post)

became a local cop

became a federal agent

went to school on the GI bill

was admitted to the BAR

retired as a fed

became a "state cop"

joined CAP

was in coast guard aux

Thats a lot of stuff...when did you have time to sleep?

tsrup

dont forget made WO-1 and was still able to join CAP as an NCO..
Paramedic
hang-around.

Hardshell Clam

NCRBlues is not worth responding to, but I will respond to tsrup: My warrent was in the state guard and does not count in the CAP.

NCRBlues: Do your math, I'm almost 60 so those accomplishments allowed me plenty of time to sleep.

tsrup

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 06:18:02 AM
NCRBlues is not worth responding to, but I will respond to tsrup: My warrent was in the state guard and does not count in the CAP.

NCRBlues: Do your math, I'm almost 60 so those accomplishments allowed me plenty of time to sleep.

Oh I was confused because this is what you posted:

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on September 14, 2011, 11:08:18 PM
Now for some "soap boxing":

1. My SSG chevrons came at a much higher price in training, responsibility and developing leadership skills/experience (And in some ways, mean more then my WO status in the real military). They took three regular and one Nat' Guard years and a lot of training to earn. You can be a CAP 1st LT in 6 months.

Paramedic
hang-around.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: tsrup on November 07, 2011, 06:23:05 AM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 07, 2011, 06:18:02 AM

Oh I was confused because this is what you posted:

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on September 14, 2011, 11:08:18 PM
Now for some "soap boxing":

1. My SSG chevrons came at a much higher price in training, responsibility and developing leadership skills/experience (And in some ways, mean more then my WO status in the real military). They took three regular and one Nat' Guard years and a lot of training to earn. You can be a CAP 1st LT in 6 months.

That is confusing. My bad, The line should read "state military". And for those ready to jump on, state guard commissions and warrants are accepted by the reg army as long as they follow the promotion guidelines. If you read the correction it makes more sense. Hard to proof read when you do it on a phone.

PHall

Face it dude, you've made one claim too many . . .